Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat  (Read 33391 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 10:35:21 PM »
Just to clarify, will the total race laps be increased by 1 or stay the same?

For those in the Audi I have saved a setup in Stracker on the practice server.  I'll be away until Monday night / Tuesday so thought I better get some practice in and start on a setup.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:39:57 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 10:48:25 PM »
Just to clarify, will the total race laps be increased by 1 or stay the same?

For those in the Audi I have saved a setup in Stracker on the practice server.  I'll be away until Monday night / Tuesday so thought I better get some practice in and start on a setup.

Good point. I forgot to mention that race laps will stay the same, so you can still get to bed on time.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 02:27:37 PM »
Im just wondering if there is any penalty for setting your fastest qualy lap with a cut track, I see last week 2 laps were set on a cut and I abandoned my last run as I had a cut track. This round this will be much more likely but if people get no penalty for actually qualifying on an invalid lap is it actually expected to abandon the lap or is qualy excluded from track cuts. ;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:02:06 PM by marty »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 05:20:06 PM »
The rules say it's left to the sportsmanship of each of us to abort the lap if there is a cut. I can only assume whoever finished the lap did not notice it (?)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 05:56:30 PM »
There's no enforced penalty. I usually find that if I cut, unless blatantly, I actually put in a worse time!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 06:10:37 PM »
There's no enforced penalty. I usually find that if I cut, unless blatantly, I actually put in a worse time!

So that means we can cut in qualy? I think track limits in qualy are more important then in a race where using too much road is easily a gain. For example last week at t4 you could gain lots of time running wide even if not on purpose same as the last chicane.

At Spa going invalid just about anywhere is a gain vs staying inside the track limits, if you can still set a time with an invalid lap I dont see any reason for people to try and not abuse track limits to set a qualy time. Pretty much every real world race series invalidates any laps set with cars exceeding the track limits.

As qualy is quite important and even more so now with a single file rolling start, its a bit strange that there is no penalty for setting a lap while invalid.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 06:15:30 PM »
There's only so much you can do. I could add a post-race time penalty (say 10 secs] if your fastest qual lap had a cut in it, as you might have gained a qually spot leading to an overall time advantage.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »
I think the app flashing in qualy mode should be enough to let people know they should abort the lap, if they dont the penalty should be severe enough that they wont make the same mistake a second time.

Something more like a 1 minute penalty would likely keep people aware of this, but if there is no penalty then there is no real reason to respect track limits.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »
I think the app flashing in qualy mode should be enough to let people know they should abort the lap, if they dont the penalty should be severe enough that they wont make the same mistake a second time.

Something more like a 1 minute penalty would likely keep people aware of this, but if there is no penalty then there is no real reason to respect track limits.
Yes, there is. It's the same reason why you don't deliberately ram cars off the track. It's called "don't be a dick".

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 07:14:29 PM »
Ahaha. Alright, and most of us indeed seem not to want to be dicks.

But we can still apply Marty's proposal and have a 1 minute "don't be a dick" penalty to those who are being... well, you said it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 10:16:29 PM »
I put the rolling start rules in the first post. I also added this:

Special Spa Rule. Single file through Eau Rouge at all times!

Accidents there are caused by being two cars wide at Eau Rouge.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 10:21:15 PM »
Can I suggest that if there is any overlap approaching Eau Rouge, the car on the left hand side of the track has right of way?

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 10:22:32 PM »
Can I suggest that if there is any overlap approaching Eau Rouge, the car on the left hand side of the track has right of way?

shut up

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 11:43:27 PM »
ahh F**k GB!!  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2016, 08:02:43 AM »
Yeah, that sounds like a sensible rule as they have the more natural line. I'll add that to the first post.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal