Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat  (Read 33578 times)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
Re: S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2016, 03:54:33 PM »
I'm starting to feel glad that I'm missing tonight's race, so much tension. Maybe we need Bernie Ecclestone to come in and clean this all up  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2016, 04:13:28 PM »
Hehe, wouldn't that be droll :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2016, 04:37:29 PM »
No one's asking anyone to leave. I've said it before, all constructive criticism is listened to. Everyone can say their piece. That's my style... take it all in and make a decision for the greater good.

But right now, I'm still undecided! I'm starting to think that any kind of pussy start or rolling start is just crappy. I'm still leaning towards a normal, standing start. Like Marty said, you've got to be able to start in traffic.  We survived open wheelers, surely we can survive GT cars.

I think this will be the end of it... I'm saying it's a normal start. There are too many difficulties or lameness with a rolling start.

But the single file eau rouge rule still stands throughout the race, with car on left having right if way. That is not the place to be passing anyone.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2016, 05:08:43 PM »
Regarding eau rogue car on left right of way is that with any overlap car on right must give way. Just to avoid confusion as I am not sure and I drive down the right on the straight so do I need to give way to anyone that sneaks a nose on the outside of me? The lambo is quick out of la source too so it can be a place to pass people before the entry so how much overlap is needed before room must be given. If people expect the other to give way then it could cause issues if unsure of the exact intended rule.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2016, 05:19:55 PM »
The goal is no overlap within eau rouge. If you think you're going to overlap in eau rouge, then the car on the right has to give way. I don't intend to rule out any passing before eau rouge, just not have cars side by side through eau rouge, as the car on the left has to use all of the track, moving across to the right, just to get through the corner.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2016, 05:36:42 PM »
Yeah, if there is a car coming up behind you the natural thing to do would be to take a defensive line on the inside of the track which would give you right of way into Eau Rouge.

Realistically, it's not a great point to try and pass anyway from the right hand side of the track.  You end up losing all momentum onto Kemmel straight.  Best bet even without the no passing rule is to maintain pace and site behind the leading car to use the slip-stream down Kemmel.  That's how I see it.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2016, 06:25:22 PM »
But right now, I'm still undecided! I'm starting to think that any kind of pussy start or rolling start is just crappy. I'm still leaning towards a normal, standing start. Like Marty said, you've got to be able to start in traffic.  We survived open wheelers, surely we can survive GT cars.

I think this will be the end of it... I'm saying it's a normal start. There are too many difficulties or lameness with a rolling start.

I say we do a traditional Le Mans style start. Everybody has to stand 20m from their PC at the start. He who runs the fastest may start first  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2016, 06:42:12 PM »
We should ask KS to build that into the game... otherwise it's not a racing sim.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2016, 06:57:20 PM »
Trying different things is all good and I will do whatever is decided unless people want me to bugger off then thats fine too. Surely that was aimed at me as discussing possible issues clearly isnt welcome here as quite likely Im not either and ending both of those really wont be an issue for me.
That escalated quickly!

Marty: come on, it was not directed at you. Many of us---definitely including me---love to argue and discuss. It's part of the fun of being in a group. Some love it, some find it annoying. But it seems we all get along pretty well, here.

Wally: your style is appreciated by everybody and, as far as I could see in this year with you guys, your decisions are ultimately always taken pretty well by everybody. You choose, then we discuss, then you choose again. It seems like it works pretty well for me and provides great entertainment for Tuesday night and a not-bad entertainment for the rest of the week. Keep going!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2016, 07:11:47 PM »
Yeah, it's all good. I like to see people have passion and get involved. Beats apathy any day.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2016, 07:16:06 PM »
If you're following a 2-wide battle towards Eau Rouge, expect one car to pull into line, so leave room and don't poke your nose in or there will be a shunt.
Just something to think about, especially on lap 1.

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2016, 07:27:09 PM »
If you're following a 2-wide battle towards Eau Rouge, expect one car to pull into line, so leave room and don't poke your nose in or there will be a shunt.
Just something to think about, especially on lap 1.

Also cars that need to get into line will need to slow more so dont be surprised if someone is much slower up the hill then you expect. Also the reason why you never want to pass anyone here as it just costs huge amounts of lap speed.

I say we do a traditional Le Mans style start. Everybody has to stand 20m from their PC at the start. He who runs the fastest may start first  ;D

Well they go 1 step further in the Australian GT3 championship.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2016, 07:40:33 PM »
Man! My air con is still not working. I don't know if I can finish two races, but definitely I don't want to add a 200m sprint to it!!! ;)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2016, 09:46:54 PM »
I hope tonight goes well, and that you had a normal start, and it was clean.

Wally, your efforts are appreciated. Racing here in NkPro was easily the best league racing I've had.
Re: AC
I have not left yet, I just wasn't going to race while I was pissed off with wasting time practicing only to be knocked out of four races in a row due to other issues.  I almost raced tonight, but did no practice so it was not going to happen.

I hope to be toiling down the back next week.

Cheers
Darren

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2016, 11:31:53 PM »
I hope tonight goes well, and that you had a normal start, and it was clean.

Wally, your efforts are appreciated. Racing here in NkPro was easily the best league racing I've had.
Re: AC
I have not left yet, I just wasn't going to race while I was pissed off with wasting time practicing only to be knocked out of four races in a row due to other issues.  I almost raced tonight, but did no practice so it was not going to happen.

I hope to be toiling down the back next week.

Cheers
Darren

Thanks Doobs. The racing was very clean, with no start incidents. Hopefully we can be as clean at Barcelona.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal