Xtreme Gaming Network

Mar 29: Toyota GT86 Practice Race at Donington National

Author Topic: Mar 29: Toyota GT86 Practice Race at Donington National  (Read 32722 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Mar 29: Toyota GT86 Practice Race at Donington National
« on: March 22, 2016, 11:28:22 PM »
This practice race will only be open to those who have signed up to season 11 here.

3 x 13 lap sprints at Donington National [DOWNLOAD 1.13 from RD]
S3 download: http://pubimg.s3.amazonaws.com/doningtonpark_1.13.rar

There will be a qual session for race 1, but races 2 and 3 will be in reverse grid order from the previous race finish.

Weather will be Adelaide weather on the day (forecast), currently looking about 25 degrees and sunny.

New version of PLP app will be MANDATORY for this race, because we'll try the new start lights included in the app that allow jump starts, with a 20 second post-race penalty.

Read about the new start procedure here: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=758.msg24872#msg24872

Weather:
17, light clouds
24, light clouds
21, mid clear
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:20:37 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Mar 29: Toyota GT86 Practice Race at Donington National
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 11:43:46 PM »
...and practice server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 08:34:51 PM »
I've downloaded track but get Checksum issue Wally  :'(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 08:42:58 PM »
I've downloaded track but get Checksum issue Wally  :'(

I got in so server and my version must be older, I am downloading the version in the link and will update the server once done.

Rolz

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 08:45:07 PM »
out of interest RSR says there is a newer track mod out when I try single player... of the link downloaded version.

Rolz

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 08:47:50 PM »
out of interest RSR says there is a newer track mod out when I try single player... of the link downloaded version.

but it's the latest version from looking around... mebbe RSR doesn't realise it's newer?  :o

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 08:51:09 PM »
Looking around 1.13 is the latest at official forum maybe RSR assumes it has the latest version which may be the older one, its not downloading very quick but I should have it in about 10 minutes and will update as soon as I get the 1.13 version.

Rolz

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 08:57:14 PM »
thnx Marty... doing some single player laps atm getting an idea on track  :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 09:07:12 PM »
Server has been updated and restarted with 1.13 version of the track, there should be no checksum for those that get the track from the link in first post now.

Rolz

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 09:10:29 PM »
I'm in!  ;D

Rolz

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 09:41:49 PM »
First impressions is this will be a wicked season I think  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 10:50:56 PM »
First impressions is this will be a wicked season I think  ;D
I reckon the reverse grids should make life interesting in a good way.

And thanks for updating the track on the server Marty.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 12:06:58 AM »
Ran a few practice races with only 6 max in but we had some great battles and not too much contact considering how close the racing was. At this track I hit a few people into the last chicane from the inside sometimes got squeezed by outside car but others I just overcooked the entry and hit the car to my left. It seems like a good passing spot but even if you go side by side with someone and make clean move you probably lose about .5 to 1 second having to take it much slower.

Actually better to try and get in close and a better exit then pass into t1 where you can make a move without losing too much time. I think it will be a fun season and we should have some good racing. If people up front wont crash it will not be easy to go last to first here as over 5 laps I rarely made it from 6th to the front especially while battling other at a similar pace. With the format being reverse grid of last race I think it should spice things up nicely, its unlikely someone will get to go last to first very often. Maybe GB can but not sure about the rest of the humans but overall the quicker guys will get closer to the front at the end of most races.

Once they win one they will be at the back for the next one though and it may take a few races to have another chance for a win as they likely wont get all the way to the back for the next races.

Is there a rule for guys that DNF or finish say more then 1 lap down needing to start at the back, this will mean that all will need to try and finish races rather then get a dnf and automatically go to the front next race.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 07:23:43 AM »
Isn't the grid based on championship order, so you can only "game" your way to the front by losing the championship?

Rolz

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 07:42:27 AM »
this is what I also thought

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal