Xtreme Gaming Network

Mar 29: Toyota GT86 Practice Race at Donington National

Author Topic: Mar 29: Toyota GT86 Practice Race at Donington National  (Read 33065 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Mar 29: Toyota GT86 Practice Race at Donington National
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 07:58:04 AM »
I'll have to check the DNFs. I've already coded something for them but I can't remember where it puts them. I think it puts them at the back.

The races are all about 20 min long, so there should be time for lots of passes from the back. It should all kind of balance out. If you only make it from the back to P10, say, then you'll be starting the next race from around the middle and may make it to the front. It should mix things up nicely.

Yes, the first race is in reverse championship order. Races 2 and 3 are in reverse finish order.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 09:06:42 AM »
I was thinking how does it work for for first time runners getting pole in their first race if they join late in the season. But if they are quick and win from there it will give them some season points and also start the next race from the back.

This is probably one season where you dont want most pole positions, also with ballast penalties for careless driving people may need to consider if causing a collision is worth the extra load for the next round. If someone has a bad nite then their ballast will be pretty brutal for race 1 of the next round.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »
I think late joiners can start at the front (where they will go automatically due to having no points). They will be of some random speed, and there will likely be plenty of faster drivers behind them. And as you say, they will soon be shuffled around.

I'll need to be informed when people can't make it, to avoid empty spots on the starting grid.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 10:23:13 AM »
I'll need to be informed when people can't make it, to avoid empty spots on the starting grid.

This really shouldn't be too hard to do (unless medical/family/valid emergency) and should get a penalty of ballast if not informed.

Or am I being too harsh?  ::)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 10:32:03 AM »
I think it is fair enough.  It was disappointing last season to have 30 people signed up and only 20 or something made it to the last couple of races.

Rolz

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 10:38:02 AM »
It was disappointing last season to have 30 people signed up and only 20 or something made it to the last couple of races.

We never even got close to 30  :'(

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 10:53:56 AM »
Yeah, but what can you do?  People sign up then bugger off for good.  All you can do it jot down those names, and if/when they sign up again, put them at the very end of the queue.  If they lose out, tough luck.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 01:16:15 PM »
It doesn't really matter. You never get as many attendaces as RSVPs in anything.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 01:40:31 PM »
This really shouldn't be too hard to do (unless medical/family/valid emergency) and should get a penalty of ballast if not informed.

Or am I being too harsh?  ::)

But most of those new extra signups never appeared once, what are you going to do? get Wally to physically attach 50kg to them as they go about their regular life.  ;D

The most dissapointing thing was we never even got more then 24 starters so could have got away with regular tracks all season. The one way it helped though was Wally didnt have to adjust the entry list and just keep people in without it actually effecting anyone.

Still would have loved to see a grid of 30+ but we may need 40 sign up for this to happen.

It would just be nice of all people signed up for the season to say if they wont be able to make a race. At times it may be a last minute thing but most times you will know well in advance if you cant make a race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 01:53:52 PM »
Yes, it makes life easier just having a fixed entry list. With set starting positions this season, I'll need to know when someone can't race a round so u can remove them from that week's grid.

In hindsight, I think I'll put anyone on 0 pts at the rear, so I don't have to worry about people who signed up then never raced. That will include latecomers.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 02:34:03 PM »
But most of those new extra signups never appeared once, what are you going to do? get Wally to physically attach 50kg to them as they go about their regular life.  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Rolz

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 04:27:06 PM »

I didn't see that as an option.... but if it was...  :P

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 04:32:08 PM »
I dunno, Wally can code some pretty cool stuff...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 03:35:56 AM »
I dunno, Wally can code some pretty cool stuff...
You just need to plug a chip in the back of your neck and I'm good to go.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 11:27:50 AM »
I wonder if for points scoring along with regular points given, maybe there should also be 1 point for every position gained during the race. Being reverse grid racing then this way there would be more points rewarded for those passing the most people.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal