Xtreme Gaming Network

Mar 29: Toyota GT86 Practice Race at Donington National

Author Topic: Mar 29: Toyota GT86 Practice Race at Donington National  (Read 33305 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Mar 29: Toyota GT86 Practice Race at Donington National
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2016, 11:48:30 PM »
Glad it was a fun night. I was forced to drink Penfolds and Peter Lehman 2002 Red all night. What a bummer....at least it was nicely decanted :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2016, 07:15:39 AM »
Sounds like a good night Gratulin :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2016, 08:31:08 AM »
I got a fastest lap in race2!  What happened, Guybrush, did you carry too much extra weight? :)

It was great fun.  I have tested the reverse grid even in race1 due to the missing traffic lights, which has just added to the fun!

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2016, 08:52:28 AM »
Some excellent racings last night, heaps of very tight stuff in big packs. Momentum racing at it's best.
The standout moments for me were Bachullum putting a pick on me and it worked a treat!!. Great tactics.
And of course the bradbury I got at the last chicane at the end of race 1 I think. Awesome finish after the seas parted!!
Really tight racing with all the regulars was a treat, bring on the season!!
 :P

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2016, 11:06:26 AM »
Once again for one of the slower drivers... me, the 86 certainly places me for some fun racing.  Love the slide although getting the right,  is tough.  Every now and then I got the fast right hander #3 lead in slide in 4th, it was satisfying...
Both races saw Rob and I swap places as per usual, but Grat on my tail and then once he overtook me, brought out the best laps for me with a 1:25 on the penultimate lap.  Heaps of fun!

Big SORRY to Glenn, man, my brain and/or leg was in neutral! I stabbed the clutch! Thanks for your patience.

See you at Barbagallo!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »
Yep, good fun.  I enjoyed brake testing Stan and getting a boost.  The best thing about these cars is that you can have contact but it doesn't adversely effect your pace as opposed to most of the other cars in AC.

Close racing which was fun.  There were a couple of times - once in race 1 and once in race 2 - where someone in front of me slowed unexpectedly.  I think Bacchulum in R1 accidently put it in 3rd instead of 5th going around the third corner which resulted in me giving him a nudge, and someone else I accidently hit as I didn't correctly anticipate them braking early into T4.  This will be the big risk coming through the field as you need to be close to someone through a corner to have any hope of passing on a straight.  Will make for an interesting season indeed.

Looking forward to it.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2016, 11:41:17 AM »
A couple of apologies. Can't remember which race (2 or 3) I caused a big one at turn one. Nipped a brake and couldn't get it pulled up. Not sure who I had the collision with at the chicane, last lap, race 2. Thought I was up far enough but haven't got a replay. If I wasn't I'm sorry, I was going to have a crack but it didn't work out for me.. ::) Finally, I don't usually pull Van Gisbergen starts on the grass (race 3) but whoever was in front of me got a bad start and I could see what was going to happen if I slowed quickly... ;)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2016, 12:30:44 PM »
How did the starts go with the updated PLP?

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2016, 12:35:39 PM »
I loved it.... ;D So much better being in gear first.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2016, 02:47:53 PM »
How did the starts go with the updated PLP?
It generally worked well. A couple of people had glitches that I'm working on. There will probably be a version 11 soon.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2016, 07:11:04 PM »
Big SORRY to Glenn, man, my brain and/or leg was in neutral! I stabbed the clutch! Thanks for your patience.
All good Bruce.  I also had a coming together with Wally in a later race.  It does show however that if you loose the pack it is bloody hard to catch up in these cars....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal