Xtreme Gaming Network

S11R1: Barbagallo post-race chat

Author Topic: S11R1: Barbagallo post-race chat  (Read 29818 times)

Rolz

S11R1: Barbagallo post-race chat
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:46:44 PM »
Sorry all - had a shocker.

I'm a menace in the car...  :-[

Will be back next season... I'm out.

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S11R1: Barbagallo post-race chat
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 10:30:23 PM »
Nah, you were no menace.

As for me: great first race battling with Phil.

RACE 2: I got hit by a yellow car who had been hit by a black one and... well, I was last. Tried to regain positions, but got involved in the Bird-Stan mayhem.

RACE 3: I had a great first two laps getting into 2nd position, but then another black car tried to pass... well, in my opinion, there was no way to pass there (you know, the last left corner in the esses). As a result, again I was last and had to try a big recovery.

Sad, because I had a really good pace and was hoping in at least one great result in Race 3. This time I feel it was not my fault (although it was my fault a hit towards the end of race 3. I apologize again: sorry). Well, will be for next week ;)

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 10:33:20 PM »
Had a mixed night. Got the setup and the balance of the car OK but had 3 spiking pedal potentiometers and just would not accelerate at random times. Tried to keep out the way the best I could but drifted across to far in race 3 and got tagged resulting in a pretty big pile up. Happy to take whatever penalty is due. Haven't used the sim for about 6 months so have a few bugs to iron out starting with a few potentiometers and getting the microphone working on the web cam. Should be sorted for next week but if not, a reserve can race or start me from rear of grid each race.

Sorry for race 3 but it was good to be racing again

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 10:35:04 PM »
Don't leave, Rolz, the more the merrier!  Chit happens, and it's great fun this reverse grid. But it means a lot more action.

My first race was a bit boring, but the others...fantastic. I was starting effectively last in both the second and the third race after those wrecks.
I think this season will be a lot of fun.  We just need to look left and right a lot, and use helicorsa to the max.  ;)

Oh, btw, here's replay of the third race, Marty.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 10:41:01 PM »
Don't leave, Rolz, the more the merrier!  Chit happens, and it's great fun this reverse grid. But it means a lot more action.

My first race was a bit boring, but the others...fantastic. I was starting effectively last in both the second and the third race after those wrecks.
I think this season will be a lot of fun.  We just need to look left and right a lot, and use helicorsa to the max.  ;)

Oh, btw, here's replay of the third race, Marty.

Thanks Bird, also Rolz dont leave it happens and your not being a menace on purpose for sure. Ive reaced you plenty of times and youve always been solid and fair so maybe just a poor nite though I didnt see you on track.

Race 1 as expected was quite boring.

Race 2 was fun from the back of the pack but I let GB past again which wasnt part of the pre arranged multi 21 strategy.

Race 3 was a weird one the early crash was pure carnage and I tried my best to avoid it but ended up hit from all sides and fairly trashed my car. Then I had 2 points where my car vanished to all but I could still see everyone, I was wondering wtf Matthew was doing as he was driving as if I wasnt there but clearly thats what he saw lol.

I will take a look at Mine and Birds replay and see how weird that was.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 11:15:27 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Penalties
Race 1 - nothing.Race 3, lap 1: JamieP (75kg) moved across from his side of the track, cutting off Phil.8 and causing an accident.
Lap 4: Doobs (75kg) ran into the side of Grat.

There were several other incidents in race 3, but they were all side-by-side, unsighted impacts without obvious carelessness.

(I haven't seen the race 2 replay yet).

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood    72
Marty    64
Phil.8    62
Matthew111    61
Jeremy    57
Grat    51
Bird    49
Ben    47
Bacchulum    44
Freezer    44
StanDaam    44
Mael    43
AJ    34
Bafs17    34
Dave O    34
hylas    34
Chap111    27
Rob    23
Doobs    22
Rolz    17
slideways    16
JamieP    8
Wally    7
Gratulin    5

Congratulations to Guybrush, Jeremy and Phil.8 for the race wins, and Guybrush for the round 1.

Season podium
1. Guybrush, 72
2. Marty, 64
3. Phil.8, 62
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 11:24:52 PM »
Hi Wally: can you explain how the reverse grid for race 3 works? I see Phil arrived 8th in Race 2 and started 8th in race 3, while Gb arrived 2nd in Race 2 and started 21st in race 3...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 12:02:11 AM »
Hi Wally: can you explain how the reverse grid for race 3 works? I see Phil arrived 8th in Race 2 and started 8th in race 3, while Gb arrived 2nd in Race 2 and started 21st in race 3...

It's a little hard to see here, because in the results, I took out the spurious jump start penalties, but when the grids were set, there were a bunch of jump start penalties that pushed some people down the order when they got 20 second penalties. Once I get rid of those junk jump starts, it should be clearer.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 12:27:32 AM »
Here is a short video showing my pop in and out race 3 along with contact from matthew when he clearly didnt see me.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 06:08:22 AM »
The most disappointing thing is that Rob has pipped me for most contacts. I was sure I was going to win that award.  That'll teach me for having a clean first race.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 07:39:23 AM »

It's a little hard to see here, because in the results, I took out the spurious jump start penalties, but when the grids were set, there were a bunch of jump start penalties that pushed some people down the order when they got 20 second penalties. Once I get rid of those junk jump starts, it should be clearer.
I am not sure... I mean: I know I arrived after Phil in Race 2. But I also know I started behind Phil in Race 3. I mean: I saw this live with my own eyes, not from the results ;)

No polemics here, of course. I am loving the new format. I am just wondering whether we are doing something wrong.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:44:01 AM by Bird »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 07:41:10 AM »
Marty, it looks really funky - but I'm not sure I'd call it a bug.  Especially coupled with the fact that you dropped out of TS as well, and could not speak - it fairly clearly indicates a network problem IMO.  A one-sided one as we talked about it.   

I'd give a big thumbs up to AC to handle it this well.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 07:43:53 AM »

I am not sure... I mean: I know I arrived after Phil in Race 2. But I also know I started behind Phil in Race 3. I mean: I saw this live with my own eyes, not from the results ;)

No polemics here, of course. I am loving the new format. I am just wondering whether we are doing something wrong.

Yes, but his finishing position was skewed in race2 by 20s penalty.  So the program thought he actually finished *after* you (with the added 20s penalty).  Hence his starting in front of you in the 3rd race.

p.s. sorry, I've edited your msg instead of reply, first.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 07:44:01 AM »
A very disappointing night for me, with my brakes coming on randomly. They weren't just flickering a bit, they were coming on hard enough to slow me on full throttle. I qualified poorly and was surprised to finish 2nd last in race 1. I thought I was faster than that! That's why DaveO hit me at turn 1, surprised by my early braking.

In race 2, I felt it again, and Bacchulum said he could see my brake lights flickering. I garaged the car after only a couple of laps, and the boys tried to recalibrate the pedal. It looked and felt like it was going to be OK, but early in race 3, I realised it was still happening, so I returned to the garage. I used DXTweak to calibrate the axis in Windows, and it looks and feels smooth and OK, but I'm going to have to make sure of it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 07:48:44 AM »
That video does look weird. Like Bird said, it must have been a problem in upload and not download. You were probably still receiving updates from the server, continuing to race locally, but not sending anything back to the server, and hence disappearing momentarily. I was watching you from the pits, and you did the whole ”up in the sky, then teleport back to the pits” thing before reappearing on track.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal