Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 12 Chat

Author Topic: Season 12 Chat  (Read 26069 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 12 Chat
« on: May 08, 2016, 08:03:20 PM »
With 2 rounds of Season 11 to go, I want to throw some pre-poll suggestions up for season 12.

The last 3 seasons we've had are, in reverse:
  • Toyota GT86 (street car)
  • GT3
  • Formula Renault (open wheeler)
We also have the AC "Jap Pack" coming May 18, but we probably need a change from cars like the Toyota 86.

To keep mixing it up, I'm thinking of the following options:

1) Mazda 787B and Merc C9 (Group C) vs. Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II and BMW M3 E30 DTM (Group A).
Two classes from the 90's, in 1 hour races with probably a couple of pit stops. Qualifying session the first week in the Group C cars to determine who drives in which class. Within your class, you can choose either car.

2) Ford GT40 with equalising ballast to compress the field just a little.

3) Ferrari 312T/(Lotus 72D?) - It seems the Lotus 72D is slower than the Ferrari. Could be a "leading half of the field gets the slower Lotus" deal.

4) Something from the Jap Pack.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 05:22:59 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 12 Chat
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 09:56:23 PM »
With option 1 you can add the e30 dtm its now very competitive with the merc. I ran these 3 on my servers for a hit and though alfa is quickest it was possible to challenge in the other 2 cars. The main issue I think with forcing multiple compounds is you cant change pressures in a pit stop.

Still that would make it interesting as youd need to set pressures to favour 1 compound over the other. Over a longer race even though the Alfa is quicker over a single lap its a fair hit harder on tyres so it can equalize the cars a little.

Race formats wise youcould possibly doa 3 race format. Regular qualy for race 1 then reverse grid race 2 and race 3 could be grid set from points in first 2 races with added success ballast.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 10:01:00 PM »
1 thing weve never ran a season in is a fwd car, the Abarth 500 assetto corsa car is way more fun to drive then the gt86 and great in a pack.

There are also plenty of AWD cars we have not driven other then the alfa 155dtm that some used in another season.

There is the AWD ruf, the nismo gtr, r34 gtr coming in jap pack and also audi quattro. An interesting season could be if there were 3 cars that were close in performance. With an AWD, RWD and FWD with people chosing their prefered option for the season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 09:03:04 AM »
Yes, the tyre compunds would really work best regarding pressures where you could choose between a soft and a med/hard of the same tyre, as the ideal pressures are the same.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 09:07:49 AM »
Yes, the tyre compunds would really work best regarding pressures where you could choose between a soft and a med/hard of the same tyre, as the ideal pressures are the same.

Even if ideal pressures are the same on a soft medium or hard you need fairly different start pressures as they all run at different temps, so the same pressure for a soft to get to 32 for example will be generally lower then a medium and a hard. So without changing the pressure in a stop they will be a fair way out over a longer run on 1 of the compounds.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 09:09:00 AM »
a car thats more exciting to drive than current season would be cool
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 09:15:55 AM »
Supra, R34, AE86!!! Jap Pack!!!
:P

Rolz

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 09:19:43 AM »
Jap pack does look interesting

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 10:13:25 AM »
Jap pack interest duly noted (at least for 3 people!). The timing is good, just after the end of the current season, in time for some fun runs.

We've also never had a season in the Countach, RUF or GT40, or many other current cars.The Jap Pack is just interesting because it's the newest thing. The possibilities are endless...

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 10:30:43 AM »
Looks good to me...
Kunos Simulazioni is gearing up for the release of their Japanese Car Pack for Assetto Corsa, sharing three new teasers with us.

Planned to be released on May 18, the pack will include an unspecified number of Japanese vehicles. The teasers give us a first idea of what’s included, showing off detail shots of the Toyota Supra as well as the Nissan GT-R.

nice if they slip in the Toyota 2000GT :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 10:36:55 AM »

Even if ideal pressures are the same on a soft medium or hard you need fairly different start pressures as they all run at different temps, so the same pressure for a soft to get to 32 for example will be generally lower then a medium and a hard. So without changing the pressure in a stop they will be a fair way out over a longer run on 1 of the compounds.

I just did a run in the softs and the mediums in the Alfa. The tyre pressures start off fairly much the same in the garage to get to optimal pressures.

Soft: 31 31, 31 30
Med: 32 31, 31 31

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 11:20:02 AM »
I just did a run in the softs and the mediums in the Alfa. The tyre pressures start off fairly much the same in the garage to get to optimal pressures.

another tough day in the office :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 04:21:21 PM »
We've also never had a season in the Countach, RUF or GT40, or many other current cars.The Jap Pack is just interesting because it's the newest thing. The possibilities are endless...
We've also never run a season in the Lotus 25, 49, 72 or 98T, just single races. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 11:43:25 PM »
We've also never run a season in the Lotus 25, 49, 72 or 98T, just single races. ;)
8)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 11:50:16 PM »

The 312 and 72 are or at least were very close when we ran the 1 race with them, I think they would be a blast to race.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal