Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 12 Chat

Author Topic: Season 12 Chat  (Read 26551 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Season 12 Chat
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2016, 05:08:42 PM »
Brands GP is a good track. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2016, 06:23:39 PM »
I tried that Mclaren mod car and I wouldnt run it with the other 2 if thats what we ended up with, the mclaren is a bit off the pace about 2 seconds at Barca GP, it also has the old tyre issues not heating fronts the other 2 cars dont suffer from. There have been quite a few more laps on that server and nobody has managed to set the quickest lap in a ferrari yet. ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2016, 06:27:45 PM »
Yeah, the Macca's way off the pace, in need of an update.

Wally, with the improvements in collisions with recent updates, maybe we can trial 100% damage now?
 ???

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2016, 06:34:03 PM »
Yeah, the Macca's way off the pace, in need of an update.

Wally, with the improvements in collisions with recent updates, maybe we can trial 100% damage now?
 ???

Ive run 100% on all my servers since day 1 only the xgn practice server is at a lower rate. It really doesnt make a huge difference but does make you need to have more care on shifting in some cars like the 312t.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2016, 09:48:39 PM »
Yeah, definitely a 72D/312T season Wally. ;)
We can go back to tin-tops with the Jap Pack. :-X

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2016, 11:01:08 PM »
Wally regarding why I say RSR isnt really a great indicator, here is the 72d at Barca GP on

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=2732&car=2265&rank_type=all&tyre_type=all&controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all

The Ferrari times
 http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=2732&car=78&rank_type=all&tyre_type=all&controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all

Then compare those to the times on the server and thats not at optimal conditions with 100% damage. Only 2 times on RSR are faster (1 in each car) then those on my server and that includes the time set by Miyja in the ferrari both on my server and rsr today,  This is showing how much quicker its possible to go in optimum conditions and damage off in the 312t.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver2

So the ferrari can be considerably quicker with damage off, but turn it on and race pace its actually slower then the lotus. In a single qualy lap you could turn up the power but I simply ran a race setup in it in the server for both cars.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver2

I will change the combo to Brands GP next week and Im fairly sure the end result will be much the same, in race pace the cars are fairly even. Turning up the engine too high in the ferrari for a race would be a huge risk and its easier to get a laptime from the lotus I think.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:12:02 AM by Wally »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2016, 11:16:44 PM »
One of the main reasons I turned damage down a while back was because of how easy it was to smash your windscreen, but we can try upping it and see what happens.

The Ferrari/Lotus is just one of the options for the upcoming poll for the silent majority to consider. I wouldn't get too excited yet :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2016, 10:27:48 AM »
Ive had a server with option 1 and option 3  both up since the same time, 1 hasnt had a single lap in it yet so decision made.  ;D

I will put up a server with option 2 also and if anyone is keen for any of these combos jump into the server and it only takes a couple people in them to get a few more then it may get reasonably busy. I dont know how the mixed class thing will work in a pub server but they are all AB only but xgn guys are also whitelisted incase your grade may have slipped.  ;)

I will probably keep these up for a while and let people give them all a run to make a decision. Any suggestions for tracks to put the others up at, the dtm LMP combo is currently at Spa and there is no gt40 yet. Next week the f1 cars will go to Brands Hatch GP but the others will just be my guess unless someone has a suggestion.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2016, 11:04:14 AM »
1's really a league-only option, you'd think. The whole point of it is longer enduro type races with pit stops and class points. I wouldn't expect that to be popular on a pub server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2016, 11:09:43 AM »
I did have a server up once with all open wheel cars, from lotus 25 to 98t and all others in between. This was really quite popular and pretty hectice so I think it could still work. Main issue really with it not getting that much running is the 787B is a mod car and these are much less used especailly in the high filtered MR AB servers.

If it was a fully open server it would still get a few more but have it AB is the only way to really run sketchy type combos in a pub server. The 312t and 78d are quite tricky cars and with lower grip, no tyre warmers and full damage its still been fairly popular with some very good racing at the front of the pack.

If it wasnt for minorating though pretty much all these combos couldnt be run in a pub server as the general public really is quite bad.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2016, 12:48:55 PM »
open wheelers :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2016, 06:04:09 PM »
The plan is to wait and see what the Jap Pack brings, select an "un-86" like car from it, then put up a poll.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2016, 06:24:37 PM »
Maybe it's best not to use the jap pack this time round, give people time to buy it.

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2016, 06:25:15 PM »
My 2 cents: I would love to race with the Mazda and the Merc, but I would not do it now. We know the Mazda will come official, and therefore with tyre model and so on all matched with the Merc. I would definitely wait for then. It is a great idea for a season, so we can wait a little for it.

Racing the '70s F1 would be amazing, although I really fear I won't be able to handle them. I'm enjoying this season as there is little setup to do and you can race well with a few mistakes here and there. A '70s F1 season will be a major endeavour.

I have no idea what's in the Japanese pack. I understand miatas and like the group C Mazda and the gt86 was a pleasant discovery, but the other cars.... I have no idea: they sound like passwords to me: Toyota Xj367nF...?

All in all: you know that whatever you choose I'll race it. I'll spin it, I'll crash it, I'll probably flip it over. But I'll be there ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2016, 07:40:43 PM »
@grat I read that the 787B is coming ”later this year”. Or in other words, not for some time.

This is what voting means, people will get to vite for their choice :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal