Xtreme Gaming Network

GT2 server up to collect lap times

Author Topic: GT2 server up to collect lap times  (Read 48525 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: GT2 server up to collect lap times
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2016, 11:55:40 PM »
I just loaded up the Imola data. The Ferrari and BMW are pretty balanced here, but the Corvette needs more ballast here as more people are faster in the Corvette than any other car. So far, averaging out the ballasts that are needed at each of the 3 tracks, you get:

Corvette: 63 kg
Ferrari: 28 kg

I'd say, with all the data we've gathered at the variety of tracks and with all the variablity from person to person and track to track, that's going to be good enough.

I still think 50kg max 55 would be good for the c7, 63 seems a bit much but I will move the server over tomorrow to a faster track with soft tyres. I can set c7 at 63 but then it will just end up much like at Barcelona at 85 where it was a bit too slow. No better way to find out then test though so if Wally thinks 63 kg is the number thats what I will make the final test at.

Track options Monza, Spa or Possibly Vallelunga classic.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2016, 07:06:07 AM »
That's the thing about collecting data - I don't just "think" 63kg would be a good figure, that's what the data shows. If I didn't follow the data, I might as well say "Matthew got the most points in season 13, but really, I think Guybrush should have won, so I'll call him the champ".  Sure, the Corvette will be slower at some tracks and faster at others, but so will all the cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2016, 05:11:59 PM »
Seems your data has come up fairly good, good fun and all cars are competitive at Vallelunga. Cars are much more fun to drive on the softs but you also need to manage them a bit there as they can overheat.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal