Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 16 Poll

Poll

What car do you want to drive in season 16?

Carrera Cup - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
17 (40.5%)
Supercar Cup (Porsche, Nissan, Ferrari, RUF, McLaren, Lambo)
12 (28.6%)
Mazda MX5 Cup
13 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Season 16 Poll  (Read 47986 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Season 16 Poll
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 11:56:09 PM »
Back on topic,

Are you going to add the Macca to the server? ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 08:15:51 AM »
Back on topic,

Are you going to add the Macca to the server? ;)
Done!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 08:23:42 AM »
Nah, you need at least 60 passengers or you're not maximizing your profits. :P
Or you can do the Australian way: serve some crappy wine and a snack, call it "VIP bus," and ask for 800$ a sit on the transit. Plenty of Sydney new rich will love it.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 01:00:54 PM »
Bit conflicted now, voted for the mighty RUF but had some really good battles in the public server with the MX5. Don;t think there's going to be a lot of close battles in the supercars.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 01:52:29 PM »
Bit conflicted now, voted for the mighty RUF but had some really good battles in the public server with the MX5. Don;t think there's going to be a lot of close battles in the supercars.
I think in general, the slower cars give closer racing, as it's easier to drive them at their limit, and harder to make mistakes.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »
I think in general, the slower cars give closer racing, as it's easier to drive them at their limit, and harder to make mistakes.
It seems an unnecessary theory---slow cars give closer racing because the limit is not much faster that driving badly. This seems a much more parsimonious explanation.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 05:55:47 PM »
Aahh, it's Satin Black GzeroD. ;)
The first shots look like Frictionless Black (see Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy) ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 08:32:29 PM »
Parsimonious explanation...........WHAT THE???!!!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 09:15:39 PM »
DON'T PANIC! :o

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 04:10:49 PM »
It seems an unnecessary theory---slow cars give closer racing because the limit is not much faster that driving badly. This seems a much more parsimonious explanation.

I had some great racing in the past running supercars in the pub server. They arent that fast and not running full racing slicks more people seem to get closer to the limits. That mx5 can produce close racing but its a car where some may much easier find big chunks of time, its maybe a basic simple car to run mid pack but they may find out they are a second or 2 off the lead pace so it really doesntake it much closer.

The supercars everyone finds the grip limits easier and those that learn not to overdrive it will end up much closer together. The high grip low power mx5 I remember many were much slower then they were in the supercars. Mx5 will be more of a drafty racer though assuming its not only running on very short and tight tracks where the draft is not a big thing.

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 06:05:22 PM »
I voted for MX5.

Less car setup means the cars will be similar. Even run a fixed setup if possible, that way it's more about driver skill rather than the car.

Also, don't make the races too short. Sprints are ok, but sometimes there is not enough time for recovery if you're caught up in a collision.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 06:08:16 PM »
Also, don't make the races too short. Sprints are ok, but sometimes there is not enough time for recovery if you're caught up in a collision.
I'd make the sprints 20 mins.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2017, 12:11:53 AM »

20mins is shorter than they currently are?  most seem to be 25-28mins each I thought.   I'm not that fond of too many sprints because if someone does cause an accident and you get spun off (or you have an off of any sort) it's too late to really gain enough ground and it seems to ruin too many races for people who give up and quit.  If we are going to have sprints I'd like to see it equal to the number of enduros.  To me an enduro should be at least 45-60mins race time anything less to me is a sprint..  The longer the race length the more chance change of position would occur with 2 pit stops & a strategy.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2017, 12:17:08 AM »

20mins is shorter than they currently are?  most seem to be 25-28mins each I thought.   I'm not that fond of too many sprints because if someone does cause an accident and you get spun off (or you have an off of any sort) it's too late to really gain enough ground and it seems to ruin too many races for people who give up and quit.  If we are going to have sprints I'd like to see it equal to the number of enduros.  To me an enduro should be at least 45-60mins race time anything less to me is a sprint..  The longer the race length the more chance change of position would occur with 2 pit stops & a strategy.
But we also risk the other-way-around problem. If I get involved in a crash in a 20 min sprint, even if I lose 2 minutes, I know in 20 minutes there is a race I want to be in. In a 1 hour race, while you are right you might make up for a 30 seconds problem, what do you do if you are lapped and last with 40 seconds to the second last? Yes, you might gain a position or two, but only because people crash, not because of good racing.

So both formats seem to have pros and cons---qhich I believe is why Wally tries to alternate a bit.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2017, 12:17:50 AM »
It depends on how many races we do in a night. 3 races works well as 3 x 20. 2 races is 2 x 30.

Shorter sprints also means you get more chances to redeem yourself in a fresh race, and it bunches up the field 3 times etc.

The MX5 and supercars would be 3 x 20.
The Carrera Cup would be a mixture of 2 x 30 and 60 mins.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal