Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R3: Thruxton

Author Topic: S20R3: Thruxton  (Read 21279 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S20R3: Thruxton
« on: January 03, 2018, 07:40:02 AM »
Staying in England, we move to the high speed circuit of Thruxton.

Jan 9: Thruxton + pit mod  (3 x 14 laps)

A big thanks to Seanus for making the extra pits mod for us.

I've changed the practice server to start from 98% grip and to take tyre warmers off, so people can get a feel for the cold tyres.

Points change: After discussion after Oulton Park, race 1 will be worth double points. So race 1 will be worth as much as the following two reverse and progressive grid races.

[youtube]33DEApPZ920[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 02:03:46 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: S20R3: Thruxton
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:12:08 PM »
where do i put the pit mod folder?.......ye i know in my ass  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 09:57:34 PM »
You just drag the thruxton folder into \steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 08:23:42 AM »
Hi,

Would I be able to join the race for this round please?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 09:04:36 AM »
Hi,

Would I be able to join the race for this round please?

Certainly, Phil the 1st. Long time no see.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 02:39:24 PM »
You just drag the thruxton folder into \steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks.

thank you

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 06:01:45 PM »
I'll miss this round and the next regrettably, work and a family holiday. Might be able to squeeze in Thursday in between

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 11:03:43 PM »
Can I get some clarification on the last chicane as you can cut it prety hard and it doesn’t register as a track cut. My policy has always been two wheels on the track. You can gain heaps of time here if you cut it

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 08:00:20 AM »
Can I get some clarification on the last chicane as you can cut it prety hard and it doesn’t register as a track cut. My policy has always been two wheels on the track. You can gain heaps of time here if you cut it
In general, the principle is two wheel within the white lines at all times, and that's what PLP tries to enforce. But depending on the track surfaces (mod tracks in particular), the track might not define what's valid track or not very well. In this case, we should still aim to keep two wheels within the white lines through the chicane. You'd want to avoid that group of sausage kerbs there anyway.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 09:22:21 AM »
So this is where I'm losing lap time to grat... 1. is through goodwood, and 2 is through church. Grat is slowing more for entry into goodwood and then able to carry more speed through church.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »
But you're also losing through the final chicane, suggesting Godzilla is into something.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 10:09:32 AM »
But you're also losing through the final chicane, suggesting Godzilla is into something.
I'm taking the final chicane quite honestly.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 10:20:22 AM »
I'm taking the final chicane quite honestly.
The problem with racing is that part of the job is to figure out the limits of the track. PLP encourages to look at it to figure them out. So if it does not get red, one keeps going on that line, even if it looks a bit too much... It is like that in real life too: plenty of examples of corners where the apex or the exit is not really policed, with the stewards having an attitude more like "if you can handle that big curb, then it's up to you". I think this is why Godzilla is asking for clarifications. As otherwise most of us will just do whatever PLP does not penalize. (hell, I got penalized in round 1 race 3 for avoiding other cars and crashes. I might as well take advantage of the system when I can ;))

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 10:46:07 AM »
Prety much, I’m losing a fair bit of time in that chicane trying to keep two wheels on track at all times, this affects your exit speed and next lap greatly. So is the consensus that if PLP does not see it as a cut then all’s fair?

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 11:03:06 AM »
On the way in the Green concrete is offtrack but on the exit its marked as Kerb and counted as ontrack.

I don't like track limits, and I left these as the author had, but we could change them.

I would not change it as then the rest of the track would become overly sensitive to minor incidents.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:42:47 AM by GzeroD »
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal