Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R3: Thruxton Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S20R3: Thruxton Post-Race Chat  (Read 31740 times)

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
Re: S20R3: Thruxton Post-Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2018, 09:24:52 AM »
Try to remember, Godzilla, everyone has different braking points (hence why some people are faster than others).
Just because you don't brake there, doesn't mean no-one does. ;)

Different braking points I get, but braking where there’s no braking is dangerous.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2018, 11:35:24 AM »
Try to remember, Godzilla, everyone has different braking points (hence why some people are faster than others).

Different braking points I get, but braking where there’s no braking is dangerous.

Just shows how bad my setup was  ;D Had to brake to avoid going straight on!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2018, 01:12:17 PM »

Like I said, everyone is different.
There's a very good chance only you weren't braking there, so you were the odd one out.
Or maybe not.

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2018, 02:30:30 PM »

Like I said, everyone is different.
There's a very good chance only you weren't braking there, so you were the odd one out.
Or maybe not.
Let's not get into linguistics now ;) Corners have braking points, turn-in points, and apexes. At the braking point you may brake hard, brake little, tap the brake, lift off, lift a bit, or even simply start praying the tyres will hold it. At turn in you may steer the car, flick it, or even use a bump or a piece of grass to make it flick. Still they are braking and turn-in points. :D

As for the accident: I do not care and I was the first to apologize. I just found the description a bit libellous. ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2018, 10:16:40 PM »
The opening lap of the reverse grid race 2 - to show the good quality of racing with 21 cars.

[youtube]0p7NzaYgl94[/youtube]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2018, 10:32:04 PM »
The opening lap of the reverse grid race 2 - to show the good quality of racing with 21 cars.

Wally, I think that's race 3. There is no pile up in T3/4 where grat rammed me .....
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2018, 10:54:30 PM »

Wally, I think that's race 3. There is no pile up in T3/4 where grat rammed me .....
Yes, you're right - that was race 3.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2018, 10:56:23 PM »

You really wrote down a note to remember about it, did you? ;) (apologies again)

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2018, 11:03:12 PM »

You really wrote down a note to remember about it, did you? ;) (apologies again)

Hahahah, sorry grat. But as soon as I saw it I thought ... that's not race 2 :P
I already accepted your apology, you don't need to do it again :D

by the way, that wasn't the biggest note I wrote down  :o ;D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2018, 11:07:09 PM »

Hahahah, sorry grat. But as soon as I saw it I thought ... that's not race 2 :P
I already accepted your apology, you don't need to do it again :D

by the way, that wasn't the biggest note I wrote down  :o ;D
I know, me too. Actually, as soon as I read "opening lap of race 2" I thought: he must mean race 3 because I made a mess in race 2!

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2018, 12:00:24 AM »

So Godzilla, I guess you didn't feel the need to brake into T3/T4 (whatever it is) in race 1 (lap 4?) when I braked and Freezer behind me braked but you flew past Freezer and took me out. Then you drove off with no redressing of the incident. Two weeks in a row you have taken me out from behind mate.
It's just getting a bit tiresome for me at the moment. I have been taken out by other people in 4 of the last 6 races, and the last race I had 52% restrictor due to other people crashing into me.

I hope my luck changes soon ....

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2018, 08:15:01 AM »

[youtube]0p7NzaYgl94[/youtube]

Great video. Of course it was race 3. Audio was up first and it was frustrating to hear you guys revving and my screens were still black...then the penalty as the icing on the cake...well, that was my contribution to that clean start  ;)

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 10:27:25 AM »

So Godzilla, I guess you didn't feel the need to brake into T3/T4 (whatever it is) in race 1 (lap 4?) when I braked and Freezer behind me braked but you flew past Freezer and took me out. Then you drove off with no redressing of the incident. Two weeks in a row you have taken me out from behind mate.
It's just getting a bit tiresome for me at the moment. I have been taken out by other people in 4 of the last 6 races, and the last race I had 52% restrictor due to other people crashing into me.

I hope my luck changes soon ....

I did apologise to you at the time and got no response. I can give you a heap of reasons why I did what I did but none of them will change anything so can we just please move on here?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal