Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R4: Road Atlanta

Author Topic: S20R4: Road Atlanta  (Read 14754 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S20R4: Road Atlanta
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 11:30:43 PM »
Hope wally does not mind, but I just update the server with the new updated track
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 11:50:38 PM »
Hope wally does not mind, but I just update the server with the new updated track

Thanks. Ran a couple of laps offline, awesome track and looks to be really well made

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 08:17:25 AM »
Thanks Phil.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 02:41:55 PM »
kcender.....that 1.31 is giving me the shits 8)

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 03:23:08 PM »
1.31 seems like a fairly rapid time, did a handful of familiarisation laps offline before the server was updated and I think I was well over 2s off that. Should be on tonight chasing it :)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 10:35:49 PM »
1.31 seems like a fairly rapid time, did a handful of familiarisation laps offline before the server was updated and I think I was well over 2s off that. Should be on tonight chasing it :)

....K!NOTH MATE!!

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 04:13:08 AM »
From the looks of it track got upgraded yesterday, Racedepaertment has a new download as of yesterday. Do I assume we are going to use this version?

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-atlanta-2017.18293/

Here are the changes, I think we should use it because of the performance tweaks but not my call

Updated curbs to 2017 colours. Nice and Glossy
Updated 3d grass - Now it works
Few performance tweaks
Updated shaders accross the board
Added missing Lamposts
Updated adverts and billboards
Added Sections ini

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 07:54:18 AM »
Yep, we're using that latest version. It's already on the practice server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2018, 02:04:35 PM »
Redress
Just a reminder for all that as a courtesy to your fellow racers, if you cause an incident that causes someone to go off track or lose a bunch of positions, the polite thing to do is redress your positions as soon as it is safe to do so.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 04:52:29 PM »
Redress
Just a reminder for all that as a courtesy to your fellow racers, if you cause an incident that causes someone to go off track or lose a bunch of positions, the polite thing to do is redress your positions as soon as it is safe to do so.
*but* try not to do it for accidents in the opening corners, unless you and the victim are already the last two of the pack as a result of the crash. Said otherwise: it is almost never safe to try to redress a lap 1 accident. Wally will take care of that by asking a few sumo wrestlers to ride as passengers with you in the next race. ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:56:17 PM by grat »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 02:11:10 AM »
I know we suppose to keep two wheels inside the white line but what if there are no white line, only a yellow one? Can we then use all of the curb  ???

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 08:53:08 AM »
I know we suppose to keep two wheels inside the white line but what if there are no white line, only a yellow one? Can we then use all of the curb  ???
There's one in every crowd...
For this race, go wherever PLP lets you!

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2018, 10:54:55 AM »
There's one in every crowd...
For this race, go wherever PLP lets you!

This is really the only way to keep it fair as otherwise there will be some people that do it sometimes, some that do it always and some that try to do it never but then take issue with people that do.
Also the server is set to allow 3 wheels out, so if I find myself a reliant robin I’m golden :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2018, 11:04:33 AM »
Redress
*but* try not to do it for accidents in the opening corners, unless you and the victim are already the last two of the pack as a result of the crash. Said otherwise: it is almost never safe to try to redress a lap 1 accident. Wally will take care of that by asking a few sumo wrestlers to ride as passengers with you in the next race. ;)

Of course you can. Like wally just when it's safe to do so. Even if it happens to be a few laps later.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2018, 12:36:25 PM »
Redress

Of course you can. Like wally just when it's safe to do so. Even if it happens to be a few laps later.
Joe:  of course I do not mean "never do it." What I mean is that it often happens that if you hit me in the opening corners and I really spin out, then you may find yourself 10 or even 20 positions ahead of me. I would not expect you to redress that one, and it won't be so safe to try to do it even 3 laps later. We already discussed this in a previous season and we came to the conclusion that opening lap crashes must be redressed only if it is "easy" to do so. So I was just reminding everybody of this. Of course, if it is easy and it's just one or two positions, please do it! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal