Xtreme Gaming Network

S23R5: Daytona Race Chat

Author Topic: S23R5: Daytona Race Chat  (Read 12126 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S23R5: Daytona Race Chat "A Veiw from the back of the Grid"
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 09:39:47 AM »
@Wally, I was watching you close in on me in my mirrors and was trying not to give any easy drafting pass! I had touched the wall in R1 so knew how cafeful you have to be. Sorry/Glad our little excurtion to the top of the track had the desired result. ::)
I wondered if that move up to the wall was deliberate. If so, it was a good move.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S23R5: Daytona Race Chat
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 02:55:08 PM »
The season so far has frequently gone two good races and a dud so the aim tonight was consistency.
Managed to crack a pb in qual to start 6th.  The guys in front were a bit to quick and the there was a gap to the pack behind so
a reasonably quiet race to grab 5th.
Race 2 - Got away well gaining a few spots but on lap 5 I glanced killa and spun losing 5 spots.  Surprisingly though I had them
back within 2 laps thanks in part to others battling, getting home 3rd with Jeremy a huge 0.1 sec behind me on the line.
Race 3 - Managed to find myself in front of phil who proceeded to keep around 0.5 gap for basically the whole race.  His ballast
meant he didn't quite have it on the straights so I fought very hard to keep it tidy for 11 laps and was able to come home 2nd.
Best results for the season . . and some time actually! so pretty happy.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 04:01:37 PM »
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 04:04:05 PM by killagorilla »

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »
I've had some great close racing with lots of side by side action...enjoyed it.
ab156, I think you were running into me in r2 again, hmm.  If your comment reg r3 refers to our collision it might be worth watching the replay. I've done it.
However, all in all it was great racing...I think we were once going through 3 or 4 turns side by side.
Cheers

I've watched the replay also. Agree we had some great side by side racing earlier. It's all good, different styles and approaches is what makes it fun.

Car is having it's instant cloaking device tested to ensure we don't have the same issue again  8)

Yeah, and these 25kg didn't make it easier. I think I may have blamed you by mistake for running into me at the hairpin...was a yellow one, but looking at Wally's statistics and graphs it seems you weren't near me...anyway, sorry if I did.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal