Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 Lotus Street Cars: Season Info and Driver Sign Up

Author Topic: Season 3 Lotus Street Cars: Season Info and Driver Sign Up  (Read 63382 times)

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 Lotus Street Cars: Season Info and Driver Sign Up
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 08:14:37 PM »
Yeah Bruce lol

Thanks Wally

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 05:50:42 PM »
28 on the list, I wonder how many we would need to do 2 splits? I think if you had 30+ registered we could split into 2 tiers. Maybe qualy via RSR during the week and top half and bottom half seperated. if less then 36 we could even run Magione or Vallelunga with the smaller grid numbers.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2014, 06:32:32 PM »
eh, 28 on the list, but every week there are more and more that don't turn up.  It's like that every time.
And you don't want 5 to go missing from a field of 15...
Plus mid-week quali is extra hassle - besides it only separates those with time from those who've no time, really. (with the mixed cars)

For these reasons, I'd not start a new field with half, rather run a smaller race with those above a certain (full field) number - which can be fairly low indeed, if we put Vallelunga on. 

I'd rather run with the more dedicated, stable members, who can turn up every week, to be honest.

my 2c anyway

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 06:34:15 PM »
2 divisions might be an idea.  Wally would need someone else to help out though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2014, 07:12:36 PM »
What Bird said. Most weeks, we won't even get 24 on the grid. 24 is still better than two lots of 14.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2014, 07:52:27 PM »
If there was two tiers, I think it would be more stable on a season promotion/relegation basis, not week to week qualifying.
Then it's not just determined by who has the time but more swayed to who's dedicated (and quick).
Plus leader boards would make more sense without drivers disappearing for a round or two.
My 2c. 8)

(the kitty is growing :o)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2014, 08:30:28 PM »
We've had this discussion before, and I think one of the features that everyone wants more than anything else is big grids. That's what we've got now, so let's make hay while the sun shines. When we get 24 reserves, we can think about two divisions :)
We already have the Thursday night racing for anyone who can't make it onto the Tuesday grid as well.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »
Sure, not yet, but I don't think you can wait until there's 24 reserves, or you'll lose a lot of them.
I was thinking Div1 would be 20 or so dedicated, week in week out, fastest drivers, no less.
Div2 would be the 'reserves', fighting for 'promotion'. ;)

It's a bit early for this yet, but the way things are growing, it may not be long, so discussion is apt. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2014, 08:47:58 AM »
Well, it's sure an idea, with some logistics to sort out. Both divs could run on Tuesdays, with two admins, probably on two different servers. It should probably be exactly the same track/car combo, same schedule. But I wouldn't base it on speed necessarily, but newness and loyalty to the league. I would see div B as more of a place to race while you're in the "waiting room". If and when numbers got big enough for two full grids of 20, say, then we could base it on standings etc, with promotion/relegation etc.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2014, 09:00:05 AM »
Well I know I will lose interest if I'm in a smaller group, and a slower group. and i'm sure I'm not alone in saying that if I'm always in the slower, smaller group i'm probably going to lose interest quicker. Most of my 'good friends' will be in a faster division.
 and what about Team mates that get relegated to next / lower division?
It is also extra work for Wally and if he burns out that is pretty much the whole league stuffed.

I can understand the use of dividing big groups.. But i think the subscription base would have to be at least triple of what it is now. not just teetering on full grids.

I vote a big no. If there is some issue of slower guys ruining your fun / lap times/ race line / race position. then have your say, get it off your chest, get over it and move on.

EDIT.. When i race, i really really enjoy seeing real people, I really enjoy it (most of the time lol) no matter where I come. I enjoy the company and you all have you own bits and pieces to teach, not just me but all of us.
I don't ever show up on a Tues or Thurs thinking "I'm going to get a podium"  I think, i'm going to do X clean lpas and try and finish on the same lap as 1st place.
Don't think for a minute that i'm disappointed in coming dead last, or last of the guys still on track. No, not at all.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:04:52 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2014, 09:52:40 AM »
I certainly understand all of that Dick, well and truly. It's not about splitting faster guys from slower guys... it's trying to give as many people a race as possible, for the people on the reserve list. That's also why I said if we did it, I'd base it at first on length of time in the league, reliability, loyalty etc.

At the moment, probably the only person who would be keen/capable for a regular Tuesday race but missing out is Thndr, so at this stage, there's no justification for a second division. He'll end up getting quite a few races in any case. But build it and they will come, you know? I could start a second division just for Thndr. He'd get quite a few wins that way ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
Yes splitting isnt really ideal I was just thinking of the extras if numbers get quite high giving the others a race will help them stay around. As was last season on the nite we pretty much only had 18 to 20 finish the races with 3 or 4 no shows most rounds. As long as people give enough notice for reserves to fill spots with current numbers its unlikely anyone wanting to race would miss out as is. It would be a shame if some cant get a start but we have 2 or 3 no shows on the day.

If growth gets high enough then having a second division wouod be good and promotion could be wayed more on race finishes then total points. Same as keeping people in the first division based on how many races they finish not where they finish. Its definatly better to have a large grid of regular guys then just random grids based purely on pace, many of the quicker guys may not be able to run a full season anyway and those more regular should always keep their spot if they want it.

But until numbers are so large this isnt a real problem and it will be interesting to see with current numbers if we get many races with 24 finishers.

Offline RPM

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 08:05:05 PM »
Hi Wally,
Can I please go on the list, how do we know on the night
if you are able to join the race?

Regards,
Ron
(RPM)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2014, 08:36:37 PM »
Hi Wally,
Can I please go on the list, how do we know on the night
if you are able to join the race?

Regards,
Ron
(RPM)

Hi Ron, I'll add you to the reserve list. As soon as I hear that someone can't make a round, I'll send the reserves a PM, which should hopefully come through to your email as well if you've got it set up that way.

Rolz

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2014, 08:52:34 PM »
+1 on not keen on splitting up the field... enjoy immensely all the ppl racing together atm... I learn so much each race off the top guys and if I were to get relegated, sure it would be fun to have an increased potential of reaching the podium it wouldn't have the same buzz racing against the top crew...

Still if you have more and more people joining, I can see it happening, we would definitely need multiple admins...

Would you have it off your RSR times what division you are in? I know some tracks I just suck at so I'd potentially be in the 2nd division.. All very interesting and I suspect this won't be the last conversation we'll be having about it  ::)

Still game on for tomorrow! I can't wait! Feels like the last race for me was eons ago! ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal