Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 Lotus Street Cars: Season Info and Driver Sign Up

Author Topic: Season 3 Lotus Street Cars: Season Info and Driver Sign Up  (Read 63522 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 3 Lotus Street Cars: Season Info and Driver Sign Up
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2014, 09:23:03 PM »
Would you have it off your RSR times what division you are in? I know some tracks I just suck at so I'd potentially be in the 2nd division.. All very interesting and I suspect this won't be the last conversation we'll be having about it  ::)

If it ever happened, I'd structure it to try to promote close racing, as always, so it might go by fastest laps in race results, for example.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2014, 07:56:07 AM »
I'm going to be away on Oct 14, so we'll have a break.  Perhaps Marty can organise a fun run of some sort on his server for that Tuesday night. *cough* Nords  *cough*
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2014, 09:58:36 AM »
I'm going to be away on Oct 14, so we'll have a break.  Perhaps Marty can organise a fun run of some sort on his server for that Tuesday night. *cough* Nords  *cough*

Sounds like a plan, I will take suggestions but tracks under 20km and cars with more then 3 wheels will need some crazy majority support to be used.  :D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2014, 11:05:30 AM »
Have you tried the lake road, yet?  It feels a bit artificial to be honest, but not bad.  Bit shorter than the hillclimb.  But I think it needs a fast car to bring the good bits out.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »
Have you tried the lake road, yet?  It feels a bit artificial to be honest, but not bad.  Bit shorter than the hillclimb.  But I think it needs a fast car to bring the good bits out.

Was going to jump on track with Marty last night but noticed I had the wrong DL. Again took over 30mins to DL.

I'm not sure there is enough room for 16+ cars to race on these tracks?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2014, 12:27:26 PM »

Unfortunately I think the main issues with the long tracks are they are quite heavy on resources. So larger fields will struggle more on most computers. I remember nords had some issues with dick and a few others in mp. Just about every setup will have cpu issues atm with a full ai field at most long tracks. In rf2 this was a clear limit at nords due to 32 bit limitation and running out of ram with large fields at nords gave instant ctd for me even though I have 32gb it could only use 4gb.

I drove a lap at lake louise and it seems interesting and I will run some more laps as the guy is having some issues with his ai file so I will see if I can make it any better. Will get an idea of how that runs but I dont think ac can really handle large fields on a large mod track atm.

Anyway I will setup another thread on discussion of this fun race, but though nords would be nice in any combo will need to test how it runs with a large mp grid as the most ive had there was about 12 at a time.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:15:29 PM by marty »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »
An off-season tuesday is a great way to test, though, don't you think? That's exactly the point! ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2014, 05:03:46 PM »
Practice: 7:30pm, 60 mins
Qualifying 1: 8:30pm, 10 mins (NOTE: 1st qual is shorter)
Race 1: 8:40pm, 15 mins (approx)

-- Server restart --

Qualifying 2: 8:55pm (approx), 10 mins
Race 2: 9:05pm (approx), 15 mins (approx)

-- Server restart --

Qualifying 2: 9:20pm (approx), 10 mins
Race 2: 9:30pm (approx), 15 mins (approx)
Finish: 9:45pm (approx)

Just noticed this Wally, how exactly is the first qual shorter, is time accelerated.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »
I just need to update that post! The qualifying is all 15 mins now.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2014, 10:02:20 AM »
I can colour code the cars if people want? So we can tell at a glance how faster or slower the cars are.
Say from pink (slow) to red (fast)

I'm quite happy to choose a different colour to pink! I just know you all love it!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2014, 10:57:06 AM »
It would make my life a bit easier. So you mean all cars of the same model would have the same skin for everyone? That makes it easier for me to set the skins each round. I don't know about pink though ;) What about green (slowest) to red (fastest)?

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2014, 11:16:53 AM »
It would make my life a bit easier. So you mean all cars of the same model would have the same skin for everyone? That makes it easier for me to set the skins each round. I don't know about pink though ;) What about green (slowest) to red (fastest)?

Now I know how they felt during the entartete Kunst!  :o  too soon?

Yeah ok.. green to red. So all of the one model have the same colour skins yep. And the Z4.... maybe can be Hello Kitty as a punishment for being too fast?

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2014, 02:11:39 PM »
Just seeing how they look atm. Might be too subtle? till they change colour to grey lol. I better change them. The Elise's have different coloured stripes... i think..

Slowest to fastest starting with the SC and only up to the exige 240R. Just seeing how they looked..

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2014, 02:46:11 PM »
why so grey in the middle? Shouldn't there be more like a spectrum of yellow in the middle? It might make the field look to uniform, dunno...

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2014, 03:43:34 PM »
why so grey in the middle? Shouldn't there be more like a spectrum of yellow in the middle? It might make the field look to uniform, dunno...

you could be onto something there Wally.. what was I thinking..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal