Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 4: Silverstone International race chat

Author Topic: Season 3 round 4: Silverstone International race chat  (Read 46196 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 4: Silverstone International race chat
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2014, 02:27:53 PM »
Have to agree Bird. I did a little bit of iRacing and LFS and their netcode was essentially transparent ie never an issue. I know we all have features we would like to see in 1.0 but if they don't get this fixed then multiplayer will slowly die. It worries me that this netcode version was the result of a 12 hour rewrite that was then released a few days later from memory.

Having said all that there was something wrong last night. I have been getting between 70-100 fps on the servers but last night it was down to 50 at times. Size of the field perhaps? Or was it the Silverstone track as someone suggested last night?

Hi Mr Gratulin! Silverstone has caused me performance issues in the past. Especially around the last corner onto pit straight.
Oddly, Monday night with about 7-10 of us I was having huge issues. Yet last night I didn't get a single CPU warning and had smooth frames 99% of the time. again if i did have troubles it would be in the last corner.
I have all sliders turned off except 1 click of smoke and normal mirror resolution.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2014, 03:31:42 PM »
Is the server still set above 10hz? It seems when that increases things go a bit awry.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2014, 03:53:02 PM »
It was on 15. I might try dropping it down to 10 to see if that makes any difference.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »
Worth a shot.  I think a lot of people say how great some things are without properly testing them though or picking up on the finer details.   You only have to look at the mod ratings at Race Department for proof of that.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2014, 04:50:18 PM »
Worth a shot.  I think a lot of people say how great some things are without properly testing them though or picking up on the finer details.   You only have to look at the mod ratings at Race Department for proof of that.

Those ratings are really superficial.  People like a track generally, and they upvote the only available track just because they like the track itself. 

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2014, 05:17:59 PM »
The way we are testing them here is the best. We try them out with a fairly good size field and share comments. And holes :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2014, 06:05:05 PM »
The warping was unexpected last night.
I don't recall ever warping, even in nKPro. :-\

Could it just be the amount of different cars?
I can't run this many offline, I tried 1 of each, but it causes CPU warnings, so I thought this may have spilled over to MP. ???

2+2=√16

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2014, 07:00:14 PM »

I can't run this many offline, I tried 1 of each, but it causes CPU warnings, so I thought this may have spilled over to MP. ???

Yes, you had some extra CPU warnings left over from your offline race...

Nah apparently AI is tons more CPU intensive than multiplayer. which kinda makes sense. But that's where the sense ends.
It is the 1st time I ever recall hearing you warp Bacchulum.

I think Wally is screwing with us..

I'm still thinking there is a cache somewhere, a temp file or something? It's always towards the end of the night that warping gets worse...
hmmm Internet traffic on amazon servers gets heavier?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2014, 08:18:36 PM »

It might put more load on your PC, having all those models, and that might lead to more warping. We'll have to see how the new netcode pans out.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal