Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 4: Silverstone International race chat

Author Topic: Season 3 round 4: Silverstone International race chat  (Read 46640 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 4: Silverstone International race chat
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »
Yep, just the two M3's.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2014, 03:05:25 PM »
I'm just doing up the extra skins.
Just want to make sure, as it's getting hard to follow lol. There are two extra car models than last week? The two M3 variants?

Remember, I've only got the list in the sign up post to go from. As far as working out fast to slowest. So if there are any changes in that original list let me know.

But the main question is. Only the two M3 variants have been added since last week?

This is where skinning gets annoying. Things don't always work how they should. and it's a slow process to work it out sometimes. and the M3 step 1 has got me stumped atm. It's exact same template as the standard M3 there is some file somewhere that makes the car either be white. or if I mess with the files. it comes out like this:

Dick looks like the detail maps have been screwed up there a little, are you using the actual PDF  templates or going over existing skins? Best to use the official templates and make sure the detail layer is still there as the cars end up looking a bit crappier otherwise.

Are you sure you havent used the wrong template for that car, Maybe reduce the XGN logo to something a little less hit you in the face font. For street cars even just basic colours would be ok without really needing any logos and such.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2014, 07:53:53 PM »

yeah it's the proper template, well they only have the one .pdf for both models.
it's something to do with the metal detail.dss file over riding the other .dds file. But I cant delete it or change it without it being out of whack.
I cbf messing around with it anymore. I think the step 1 will be just a solid colour with no sponsors.

on A side note. managed to fall asleep just as the they got the 10 minute warning for the restart at Suzuka. Woke to see them handing out trophies on the podium..... hate that so much..

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2014, 08:17:08 PM »
hell yes, now that's a nice purple!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 04:58:04 AM »

yeah it's the proper template, well they only have the one .pdf for both models.
it's something to do with the metal detail.dss file over riding the other .dds file. But I cant delete it or change it without it being out of whack.
I cbf messing around with it anymore. I think the step 1 will be just a solid colour with no sponsors.

on A side note. managed to fall asleep just as the they got the 10 minute warning for the restart at Suzuka. Woke to see them handing out trophies on the podium..... hate that so much..

You missed a cracker of a race.  Ricciardo got screwed over though with strategy.  And Bianchi...shocking.  Hope he pulls through.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »

You missed a cracker of a race.  Ricciardo got screwed over though with strategy.  And Bianchi...shocking.  Hope he pulls through.

I didnt realise japan was even on last weekend and so I missed it. I dloaded the race overnight and will watch it this afternoon. Pretty bad about Bianchi not sure how bad he is but car under the tractor is very unlucky. Hope he gets through this but they said he suffered massive head injuries which cant be good.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 10:04:35 AM »

I didnt realise japan was even on last weekend and so I missed it. I dloaded the race overnight and will watch it this afternoon. Pretty bad about Bianchi not sure how bad he is but car under the tractor is very unlucky. Hope he gets through this but they said he suffered massive head injuries which cant be good.

I missed a fair bit of action.
Very Unfortunate about Bianchi. It is something that clearly could have been prevented. Big lapse in safety and also maybe a bit of bad judgement by Bianchi?

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 09:44:49 PM »
Tomorrow nights race should be interesting for me at least if tonight's efforts are anything to go by, Managed to hit a 1:16.8 chasing Marty around and when we were close we were trading lap times in the low to mid 1:17s. I just have to make sure I can keep it on the track and get a good qualifying time.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2014, 12:08:20 PM »
you all are too fast!!!
Don't make me ram you guys to get race position.

1.19.something is my PB. I know where I'm messing up. turn 1. then turn 2, 3 and so on.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »
Don't make me ram you guys to get race position.

If you ram someone lapping you you still dont gain a position from memory but I could be wrong.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2014, 06:12:51 PM »
Server is UP.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2014, 10:27:17 PM »
Race 1 was OK until I got myself sideways over the T1 curb...Race 2 was good, great battles - and a good podium finish to top it off!
Race 3 was too much action.  It wouldn't have been too bad but I hate to be turned around on lap one in T3...:(  I had another two comings-together, but those were ok.  This one was not so much, IMO.

And there was a bit too much warping going on, too.

Still, I've enjoyed the night, again, thanks gents!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2014, 11:22:20 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Standings
Season Stats

T1/2 Penalties
Race 2 - RPM (-4 pts) for running into the rear of Wally (+4 pts).
Peter Reid ran into the side of DaveO, but it was just an accident as Peter simply oversteered a little - a racing incident.
Race 3, Grubbett got sandwiched between Bacchulum and Krahl, but everyone was holding their line but just ran out of room - a racing incident.

I saw the incident between Cramjet and Ysu, but it was after a previous mess between a lot of cars which unsettled the field, and everyone was going relatively slowly, with Cramjet running out of room. It was a bit ugly, but hard to really apportion blame.

Congratulations to Marty and Rob on the race wins and Gwyar for the round win.
Reserve RPM earned points towards Achilles Heels.

Round Points
GWyar   69
Rob   65
Peter Reid   58
Wally   56
Schmittez   56
Marty   55
Ysu   55
Vipergod   46
Dave O   45
Freezer   43
Crimespree   43
Imperious   39
Bacchulum   37
RPM   35
Phil   34
cramjet   27
Gratulin   27
Insomniac   24
Grubbet   21
Krahl   20
Dick Forrest   19
EdWood   17

Season Podium
1. Marty, 200
2. EdWood, 173
3. Peter Reid, 170
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:24:03 PM by Wally »

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2014, 11:41:15 PM »
Bird, sorry bout that t3 incident - I came fairly cautiously through the big wreck at t2, looked behind me for a second and arrived at t3 a lot earlier than expected and somewhat out of control. No excuse, just a silly accident. I did hold back for a bit and finally gave the place up when you caught up.

Also it's clear us west aussies aren't capable of dealing with day light savings (or lack of?). The mrs and I had a long confusing chat and figured out the race would start an hour later here...I log in for an early practice to find the first race just about finished. That stuff is confusing mayn. Why can't we join the rest of the world!?

Racing was otherwise fun. Had a good battle with Gratulin in race 3 - sorry about the bump, I was trying to avoid the crash up ahead without giving away too much  :-*

I always struggle to find pace around Silverstone without downforce. I'm a bit better at Imola so hoping to claw back some points next round for CramDick Racing!

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2014, 12:15:28 AM »
R1: was going alright for the first half of the lap but on the right hander off the long straight Wally, Edwood (pretty sure it was them) and I were 3 wide and Edwood and I ended up coming together, not too much trouble dropped a few positions ended up behind Grubbet. on the next lap or the one after Grubbet warped inside of me going in to the chicane, and then there was some more carnage coming on to pit straight ended up 14th I think but then recovered and ran through the field to ended in 9th after having swapped positions quite a few times.

R2: Qualified first, not much happened before the restart, After the restart I was chasing Marty down and ended up bumping in to him, coming in to turn 3 when I was on the inside and when he came across to take the corner I was hard on the brakes but still ended up hitting him, the rest of the race was pretty boring ended up in 5th.

R3: Was pretty standard racing, cant think of any incidents that happened that were more than just a little bump.

On a side note every one seemed to be a lot faster in the 3rd race compared to race 1, I was passing people left and right in race 1 and was struggling to catch up to people in race 3. I think this just comes down to the fact the I had done a lot of practice prior to the race and everyone just got to know the track better and the night went on and improved more than I did so it became closer.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal