Xtreme Gaming Network

Practice server is up (RC 1.0) at Imola

Author Topic: Practice server is up (RC 1.0) at Imola  (Read 8766 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« on: October 16, 2014, 10:49:49 PM »
I have damage set to 50%.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

Re: Practice server is up (RC 1.0) at Imola
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 11:03:07 PM »
I'll be online tomorrow night or Saturday... took some stuffing around, but got my DK2 rift working and it's pretty sweet... needs a few more tweeks but def usable  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 11:24:55 PM »
It looks like you can save a replay with a Save button after an online race now.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 12:01:17 AM »

I'll be online tomorrow night or Saturday... took some stuffing around, but got my DK2 rift working and it's pretty sweet... needs a few more tweeks but def usable  ;D
I tried mine but it seems pretty basic. I find it very unclear. Maybe my eyes? Also, none of the screens in game work so you cannot see track map or lap times or how long left in sessions etc. did you get those to work?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 08:11:28 AM »
My old pb was 2:07, but last night I could only do 2:11. Then I turned the factory TC off and did a 2:09. But I'm still quite a bit slower in the Elise S2 than I was before, for some reason.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 08:58:14 AM »
I was slower in the Elise S2 at Silverstone International by a similar amount but last night at Imola was about the same time as before in the BMW M3.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 09:53:52 AM »
I was slower in the Elise S2 at Silverstone International by a similar amount but last night at Imola was about the same time as before in the BMW M3.

I hope it doesn't throw out the car balancing.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »
My old pb was 2:07, but last night I could only do 2:11. Then I turned the factory TC off and did a 2:09. But I'm still quite a bit slower in the Elise S2 than I was before, for some reason.

I'm sure the new tyre moddeling will have a lot to do with it?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 11:20:56 AM »
Could be.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 12:05:40 PM »

I tried mine but it seems pretty basic. I find it very unclear. Maybe my eyes? Also, none of the screens in game work so you cannot see track map or lap times or how long left in sessions etc. did you get those to work?
@Rolz I just tested again after the update overnight and it is now fantastic. Very clear and enjoyable. I also managed to set the refresh rate correctly (which I didn't manage before).

Try out the Cobra at Spa. The sense of immersion in the Cobra is unreal. The side windows and steering wheel lok like you could reach out and touch them. Also, try out the BMW M3 GT2 - the cabin is rendered with the racing wheel and dashboard with all the leds and knobs. Again, you just want to fiddle with all those knobs  ;D :o 8)

AC in the DK2 doesn't seem to invoke any motion ill effects for me unlike LFS. Don't know why.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 07:15:20 PM »

AC in the DK2 doesn't seem to invoke any motion ill effects for me unlike LFS. Don't know why.

Hi Mr Gratulin. Dick here..

I'm sure I read somewhere it's cause they have found the magic number as far as FPS goes.

Motion sickness, eyes being focused so close for a long time, and the weight of the unit are all things I want to know about over time. How long have you had them?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 07:58:31 PM »
Only a couple of weeks. I'll use it a few times online when practicing. Can't use it in a race since I can't tell what's going on! Then again, perhaps no one will notice any difference :))

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal