Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 5: Imola Results

Author Topic: Season 3 round 5: Imola Results  (Read 18260 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 5: Imola Results
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 02:53:05 PM »
Having said that the H-shifter is really fun in the Cobra and it only has 4 gears!

One day I will figure this out too as I still stick it into 5th gear quite regularly.  ;D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 03:26:43 PM »
I've got a lot to learn in these road cars! I feel at home in a GT car or open wheeler, but had nothing in these. Are you guys using a H-shifter + manual clutch, blipping etc? I'm pretty hopeless at that sorta stuff so I chucked on auto clutch/blip and just used the paddles :p

Was good fun being a part of that pack in the final race

Hi Tom. A few masochists use the H-shifter here. I'm not one of them. Paddles and auto clutch for me.

+1 to what Dick said, me too lazy for all that heel toe muck  ;D
If you listen to the calm conversations some of the guys have while driving then you quickly work out that they need something extra to do to keep them occupied while driving :)

Me - I'm busy enough just trying to not run into anyone!

Having said that the H-shifter is really fun in the Cobra and it only has 4 gears!
I can't even TS chat during a race, so taking my hand off the wheel to change gears is out of the question!!

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 03:38:37 PM »
Hey Dick, It was a bathtub not a boat ;D
Schmitz i was t boned by one of you guys in R3. All good though, it happens

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 04:05:02 PM »
Hey Dick, It was a bathtub not a boat ;D
Schmitz i was t boned by one of you guys in R3. All good though, it happens

A bathtub would be nimbler around corners I would have thought. lol You didn't ping a engine last night, so that's something.

And a Tuesday night is not a Tuesday night without crashing into Vipergod and/or Gratulin. Should be worth points I reckon.

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 04:11:59 PM »
Sorry I was having issues last night. Late start due to DST. After I ALT tabbed out to fix sound the game got real jerky. Restarted then got punted off. Same happened in the race. Not sure if it was me or others but it was quite warpy. Never had that before. I had the irits due to lack of sleep so thought best to call it

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 07:57:59 PM »
I had lots of troubles getting on the server where it said i didnt have a connection to it .. But i somehow qualified 12th on the second qualifying lol. The server knew i was there and recorded my times but didnt want to load any other cars for me.. hopefully they have a fix for it before the last round.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 08:12:01 PM »
I had lots of troubles getting on the server where it said i didnt have a connection to it .. But i somehow qualified 12th on the second qualifying lol. The server knew i was there and recorded my times but didnt want to load any other cars for me.. hopefully they have a fix for it before the last round.

I've just updated the practice server with the new 1.05 update, so we'll see if that makes any difference.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »

I've just updated the practice server with the new 1.05 update, so we'll see if that makes any difference.

when did 1.05 drop? This morning?
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 02:05:01 PM »

when did 1.05 drop? This morning?

Last night, I think.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 05:07:02 PM »
It was good to get back on the top step in race 1, but I was pushed all the way by Phil.
My concentration had already waned by race 2, with around 5 missed up shifts, and not enough pace to catch Marty.
Race 3 sucked as I could only manage 20fps, 12fps once I was at the back.
That kicked off a headache so I called it a night. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2014, 06:16:16 PM »
Here are people's average best laps from Imola (in seconds):

Krahl
Phil
Bacchulum
Dave O
Flattop
Freezer
EdWood
Marty [Achilles Heels]
Gratulin
Guybrush Threepwood [Achilles Heels]
RPM
Wally [TKO Racing]
Schmittez
cramjet [CramDick Racing]
Ysu [TKO Racing]
StanDaam
Rob [Team MRT]
GWyar
Vipergod [Team MRT]
Dick Forrest [CramDick Racing]
Tom
Imperious
Median time is 126.895 (so half faster, half slower).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal