Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R3: Spa Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R3: Spa Race Chat  (Read 30793 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S4R3: Spa Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »
fixed my issues but now need to reinstall AC so not much hope of even making race 2. Sucks as I was looking forward to this race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »
Bugger. Well, see how you go.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2014, 10:19:16 PM »
win 8.1 ftw!! So snappy compared to 7 and doesn't suffer from the bloat slowdown. Not sure what you're doing different but I just installed the latest Logitech drivers and off it went.

Pretty good night for me, happy with how things went apart from a few glitches and accidents, sorry Rob for the eu rogue tap, didn't expect the slow down there at all since you had so much acceleration and a nice lead on me.

Second race went OK, dropped a few spots as I pitted too late and filled up, ran 2 x softs and they  felt great, got PB after PB a few laps ina row so all things were good.

Cyas next week.

Offline Aiman Haziq

• Karts are the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2014, 10:26:45 PM »
Race 1 was ok , had bit contact with Bacchulum, really sorry for it.. because of some accidents infront , Got 6th place.
EDIT : I checked replay and it was Bacchulum spun outside and hit me.. Thought i caused the contact.
Race 2 started from back as was having bit net issue and didnt want to disturb the race.. luckly while race no net problems..Battling with the backpack , though it was very disadvantageous as Evora GX is slow on straights so couldnt pass them easily but still great race.
Ed wood teleported suddenly and i contact with him and heavy damage on my car cant continue... So I decided to watch the race , it was great battle between 1st and 2nd , also 3rd 4th and 5th with guybrush overtaking at last corner!

Also , nice to see 2 of my skins in the race :)

Looks like i will have to forget about battling for top position for this league with 1 race having badluck always , but will keep on racing.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:38:31 PM by Aiman Haziq »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2014, 10:37:14 PM »
Looks like i will have to forget about battling for top position for this league with 1 race having badluck always , but will keep on racing.

I am give up battling for any position, all the practice is not worth the frustration when the kids, who I have asked a million times are still gonna keep using the net on me,  I have never had an issue with iracing or rf2 like I do with AC, shit they can even download and play games when I am playing iracing or rf2 and no issue, someone farts near the internet and AC is a hopeless joke. One can only hope that AC gets it net code sorted before project cars comes out or people will give up on AC,  I know I am ready to :(
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Aiman Haziq

• Karts are the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2014, 10:40:44 PM »

I am give up battling for any position, all the practice is not worth the frustration when the kids, who I have asked a million times are still gonna keep using the net on me,  I have never had an issue with iracing or rf2 like I do with AC, shit they can even download and play games when I am playing iracing or rf2 and no issue, someone farts near the internet and AC is a hopeless joke. One can only hope that AC gets it net code sorted before project cars comes out or people will give up on AC,  I know I am ready to :(

yeah true , AC is having big issue if your ping suddenly went up and warps happen.. I do race RF2 and RF too and they dont have warps when your net screwed(something like 100 to 250ping) Even racing at 300ms ping in them is still fine. In AC even low Ping racers sometimes do have warping.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:45:12 PM by Aiman Haziq »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2014, 10:51:11 PM »
win 8.1 ftw!! So snappy compared to 7 and doesn't suffer from the bloat slowdown. Not sure what you're doing different but I just installed the latest Logitech drivers and off it went.

Seems it was one of the security updates after the install which broke visual studio 2010 and everything that needed it to install. I did another full clean reinstall and this time installed anything before installing any updates. I did find online the culprit faulty update but uninstalling that still didnt fix my install issues for unknown reasons. It may also have been something to do with UAC which I though I turned off but isnt really off if slider set to lowest level. This just meant I didnt get a popup or an install as it still needed a confirmation.

I have just left the annoying UAC crap as default which seems less problematic, also will be avoiding most updates unless I know they are fine. I just allowed them all to auto install and seems quite a few do brake some things so maybe best without them for a bit. It loads crazy fast and main reason I went win 8.1 is to get rid of that annoying out of resources popup with aero in win 7 that stuffed my first race this season.

Hope someone can upload their replay files from these 2 races as Id like to check out the racing. I missed the race on my favorite track but should be good to go for Monza my least favourite next round.

Offline RPM

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2014, 09:33:32 AM »
Marty, dont forget to turn off fast start up as windows does not shut down if this is left on.
I'm waiting for windows 10 next year, win8 is a joke.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2014, 10:00:58 AM »
Why don't we have win9 next?...
And I agree, that 8 is a half-baked cookie, best avoided.  The little experience I had with it...no thanks.  7 works perfectly for long years now.

Offline RPM

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2014, 04:44:13 PM »
I think microshaft want to get as far away as they can from windose 8 Bird :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2014, 05:03:45 PM »
Maybe Windows 9 is too close to Windows 95 :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »
Maybe Windows 9 is too close to Windows 95 :)

Could be called Vista 2, that would go down well.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal