Xtreme Gaming Network

Jan 6 Fun Race: Abarth EsseEsse and Alfa Giuletta at Baskerville

Author Topic: Jan 6 Fun Race: Abarth EsseEsse and Alfa Giuletta at Baskerville  (Read 21421 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Jan 6 Fun Race: Abarth EsseEsse and Alfa Giuletta at Baskerville
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 09:29:41 AM »
testing new signature

Both the old and new sigs are impressive hahah, that is one crazy vid!

A couple turned up at the NY's day hot rod get together is a late model Robin, one with a targa roof and no doors!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 09:31:20 AM »
Enjoyed the racing in both of the cars, in this form... "slower cars", I get more out of it, having a few duels a little door rubbing.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 09:32:25 AM »
You had some good pace there Rolz,  well done.   You took some catching.

Race 1 I got a little tap from behind and went spinning but was kind of fun coming back through the pack.  Although I quickly learnt that you got a cut warning if you went wide on the last corner even though 2 wwheels are on the track.  I ended up getting a penalty with this combined with the earlier shunt but didn't take it because it was a fun race and would just have meant driving around on my own without really making a different one way or the other.

Race 2 was good in the little Abarth.  It was certainly more nimble than the Alpha although something abouttthe way  the Alpha was I didn't mind...  Maybe the speed.   Anyway got a little tap at the rear at the start of the race which made my back red with damage even though it was a fairly innocuous bump.  But I aftertthat kept going to the finish.   I still think damage is too inconsistent and unrealistic in AC

Race 3 I started from the back and the first few laps were fun getting through traffic. Then I was just trying to catch Role and managed to sneak by with a lap or two to go.

It was a fun little track in these and a bit more technical then you think -  especially that blind left hander.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2015, 09:34:47 AM »
Yeah last night was plenty fun and for some reason I was doing better in the Abarth.
I remember chasing Wally for ages and waiting for a mistake, I knew I couldn't catch up without one, and when he finally did make a boo boo I went in too hard and drove off the track.

But overall a very enjoyable night of racing and can't wait for next week.

Edit: Wally I only just noticed the Blog you have, wow it's really impressive. I really like the circle showing the race positions.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 09:44:03 AM by Phil »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2015, 12:43:12 PM »
It's been there for ages, Phil. Worth a look! You can expand a racers laps too by clicking on their name.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2015, 06:55:21 PM »
Crap i forgot about this lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2015, 07:07:25 PM »
It was a bit of fun for something different. FWD's are a different beast to drive.

I preferred the stability of the Alfa in the end.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal