Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R4: Lotus 98T at Imola

Author Topic: S5R4: Lotus 98T at Imola  (Read 33766 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S5R4: Lotus 98T at Imola
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:17:58 PM »
For the rest of the season, we'll have 1 sprint and 1 long race with a pit stop. For Imola, it will be:

Race 1: 11 laps
Race 2: 22 laps (double points)

In race 2, the fuel multiplier will be 4x. In race 1, the fuel multiplier will just be 1x. Tyre wear is normal in both races.

Entry List
Guybrush Threepwood
StanDaam
Wally
Bacchulum
Matthew111
Rob
Gratulin
G0RGAK
Grubbet
Imperious
Bafs17
Vipergod
Dave O
M8R
ThyMelman
Phil
Krahl
Perch
Simone
Freezer
Marty

There are places available.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:13:37 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S5R4: Lotus 98T at Imola
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 05:24:51 PM »
Wally I ended up getting a G27 which will last me anouther year I guess then will look at whats going on with the direct drive wheels, so I will be able to do the next 2 rounds if there are spots. I will be away after that for the rest of the season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 05:47:48 PM »
Wally I ended up getting a G27 which will last me anouther year I guess then will look at whats going on with the direct drive wheels, so I will be able to do the next 2 rounds if there are spots. I will be away after that for the rest of the season.

OK, great.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 05:57:25 PM »
Excellent Marty  ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 06:01:54 PM »
New car Wally, don't forget my skin. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 06:30:26 PM »
New car Wally, don't forget my skin. ;)
No, I've got a special case just for you now ;)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 06:39:24 PM »

Good to hear Marty!  You'll like the extra buttons on the wheel - but maybe miss the sequential mode of the G25.  I hope you salvaged your GTEye spring before you threw the oldie out! :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 07:00:15 PM »

Good to hear Marty!  You'll like the extra buttons on the wheel - but maybe miss the sequential mode of the G25.  I hope you salvaged your GTEye spring before you threw the oldie out! :)

Funny thing is when I took apart the brake pedals on the g25 the gteye spring was broken. So stock spring atm, feels a bit different to the g25 the extra buttons are good, the leds shifter lights on the wheel are pretty useless though.  ;)

I tried connecting the g25 shifter and it didnt recognize it but I rarely used the sequential mode, the shifter itself feels a bit different too a little worse but I will get used to it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 08:12:56 PM »
The fuel rate will be 4x.

This means you'll get somewhere between 14 and 16 laps per tank, depending on your turbo boost level.

I've also found that any turbo boost over 70% pretty much damages your engine in every gear. It will be good for qualifying, but won't last much race distance.

The practice server is up with 4x fuel.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 08:22:40 PM »

Is there any difference in the newer wheel.  I also have a pretty old G25.

Funny thing is when I took apart the brake pedals on the g25 the gteye spring was broken. So stock spring atm, feels a bit different to the g25 the extra buttons are good, the leds shifter lights on the wheel are pretty useless though.  ;)

I tried connecting the g25 shifter and it didnt recognize it but I rarely used the sequential mode, the shifter itself feels a bit different too a little worse but I will get used to it.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 12:24:10 AM »
Freezer there isnt heaps between them, the FFB seems a bit more damped but it may just be my setup. My G25 did have a pretty long life and was pretty much murdererd by AC. The G25 also had lots of slack in the wheel which is what killed it in the end as it would move forward and back nearly 1cm by the end. This wheel doesnt even move 1mm and my g25 always had a little wobble there from day 1. The pedals suprisingly brake seems not as soft as it was in the g25, not sure if they changed this in the latest batches but I can probably use it without needing to get a new spring.

Shifter not having sequential is a bit of a downgrade but as I didnt use that mode much anyway not a huge loss for me. I went the g27 because I am planning to get a better wheel later, was going to be later this year but now that I got this I may wait out another year and see what else comes around. The t500 was more then double the price without a shifter and fantec is even more and I dont really want to spend that much on an interim wheel. G25/G27 are still pretty solid wheels and seeing I will get a direct drive next I didnt want to spend too much more on another wheel thats still got the same basic tech as the logitech wheels just much more evolved.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »
I too am close to the end of my G25's life and have a G27 waiting in the closet...
If you really wanted H pattern...
http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=188&zenid=e791bbd6a0985dd49b75e802d26fbcff
While talking of Leo Bodnar (yeah a little off topic I know) does any one use this and is it noticable?
http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 05:49:59 PM »

Download 'FanaLEDs' and install.. now your LEDs on the wheel work in game :)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 08:20:45 PM »
This car is a beast,what a piece of engineering.Racing in this car you got to be ,crazy and fit no question....could you immaginig racing Alain Prost at imola for 90 min???  :o :o :o

I love the new racing formula Wally,fantastic!!  Thing is I have to find out how to pit for fuel and tyres with AC...LOL   :-* :-* :-*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_98T

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 08:33:10 PM »
This car is a beast
I agree... a completely untamed wild beast at that!!

Things to look out for...
The turbo boost is mapped to the number keys for those that didn't know... and as I found out, this extends to when you are naming a set that you want to save, eg I saved a set as 'StanDaam01' and then when I left the pits my boost was on 10% (from the '1' in the name I presume). Had me scratching my head for a while on that one... now I just scratch other areas. I'm unsure how to run the boost yet, if I leave it on 100% my motor only goes for a few laps...  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal