Xtreme Gaming Network

May 12 fun run: McLaren F1 GTR at Monza 66 and Monza

Author Topic: May 12 fun run: McLaren F1 GTR at Monza 66 and Monza  (Read 35665 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: May 12 fun run: McLaren F1 GTR at Monza 66 and Monza
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 06:02:52 PM »
Ran a few laps, fun track fun car but I expect carnage here. Passing is tricky but drafting gives a few good chances around the lap.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 07:51:12 PM »
It should be interesting!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 09:42:14 AM »
I played for a couple hours yesterday using the first setup on this page:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mclaren-f1-gtr-monza.102372/

I liked it and managed a 1:26.8

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 12:21:08 PM »
Decent time Joe!!,I did a 27.5 with wallys set,but i feel i got plenty of slack in between seconds ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 02:03:05 PM »
Decent time Joe!!,I did a 27.5 with wallys set,but i feel i got plenty of slack in between seconds ;D

I tried Wallys set but it felt a bit loose for me, like it was trying to kill me. Perhaps one for the more experienced drivers out there  ;D

I also tried a few laps with the H-Shifter but as a newbie still learning the ropes it was just too much to think about. Are you guys using it double clutching and heel-toe braking? I just found because I wasn't rev-matching on the downshift I was spinning out all over the place.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 03:16:07 PM »
The H shifter doesn't give you as much advantage around here with this car - maybe a tenth.

I managed a 1.24.9 with and a 25.0 without.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 03:43:23 PM »
The H shifter doesn't give you as much advantage around here with this car - maybe a tenth.

I see you're using paddles with auto-clutch and auto-blip disabled Guy? I find with them disabled the downshifts are definitely not as quick and feel clunky? Or are you still using the clutch pedal?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2015, 05:37:39 PM »

Great WR time!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »

I see you're using paddles with auto-clutch and auto-blip disabled Guy? I find with them disabled the downshifts are definitely not as quick and feel clunky? Or are you still using the clutch pedal?

I normally use H-shifter in the H-shifter cars, but like to give both a go to see what the difference is.  When using paddles I'm pretty sure auto-clutch is automatically enabled, but I don't do auto-blip.

If you can get the H shifter changes + braking right it's certainly more stable and easier than using the paddles.  Also more stable out of corners accelerating.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 11:17:41 PM »
5/6 of us on the practice server doing maybe 10 races and I didn't finish a single 5 lap race. Gonna be carnage tomorrow  ;D Fun though...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 11:57:48 PM »
Here is my setup which is only .3 off GB but I havent really come close to nailing a lap. Quite a bit more aero so a bit of room for error if you get a little slide going. The walls at the Lesbos still bit no matter the setup and exit out of the second is very critical to a good lap so its still easy to wreck it at those sections.

Mediums are just about as quick as softs, no idea how they will go over 11 laps but no matter what unless you drive real slow tyres will tend to overheat here. I think the hards blister quite badly as they run way over temp after a few laps the mediums are good for or so and softs hang on ok over that distance but get a bit more sketchy at the rear.

For someone wanting a more driveable setup this may be worth a try, If you get out of GB's draft then you will need to wait until he runs into a lesbo to pass him again. Doing 11 laps quickly here with no damage in a large field starting 3 wide is highly unlikely unless everyone drives very slowly.

Off the grid it easy to spin up a little and get sideways I think I managed to wreck all 6 cars off the start this way once. Should be some good fun but also the dreaded warps hit hard here as your trying to draft everyone so there will be carnage.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 07:30:42 AM »
Lol, it sounds like it will be interesting. Maybe higher aero for safety and control will be the winner.

Don't forget the third race is at modern Monza.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 08:22:33 AM »
Great fun practicing last night with a few of the chaps  :D
Fast open track and these cars are a match made in heaven.
4 or 5 cars in close proximity at crazy speeds sure gets your attention!! (one liddle tap and zee bomb she goes off) ;D 

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 08:34:22 AM »
Very fast car/track even if many seconds slower lol , may have stay well back and try and keep in the track
:p
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2015, 09:20:54 AM »
Don't forget the third race is at modern Monza.

Will we get a bit of a practice with modern Monza? I've raced it in other games but need a refresher. Was going to do a few laps last night but the Monza66 carnage runs were more fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal