Xtreme Gaming Network

Iracing noobs video

Author Topic: Iracing noobs video  (Read 10414 times)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Iracing noobs video
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:53:01 PM »
[youtube]uqsKm8irA7U[/youtube]

Offline rpo83

• View Profile
Re: Iracing noobs video
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:48:09 PM »
 ;D

I have already watched them...

Well my first 2 race outings didn't go as i hoped. Race 1 i got taken out (ended up on my roof) at the right hand turn onto the back straight at Okayama. I did get a private message from the guy who rear ended me at full pelt apologising for wrecking my race. I got back in an other race today, i listened to everyones advice about just finishing clean... I backed off going into turn 1 as things were a little hectic. Some bloke lost it then just kept on the gas and drove into me... Doh... I kept my nose clean for the rest of the race until the last lap when i was overtaking a back marker on a straight bit of road, and he just swerved into the side of my car!!! My SR isn't improving as much as i'd like...

I'm also having major issues with my steering wheeel on the hyper. I can barely drive the mx-5 in a straight line, the car wanders everywhere, and if i put a couple of mm movement into the wheel, the car swerves violently over the road. It's weird as the wheel is fine in rFactor. I'm thinking of having it serviced at Hyperstimulator as i'm thinking it could be worn pots.... it doesn't explain why it is OK in other driving games.
Cheers

Steve

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »
Don't forget to calibrate it in game for so you can see it has picked up the right rotation. Good luck.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:18:27 AM »
Well done needed here,  later in the day I noted a  couple of wins!

tapatalk on an °[●●]°
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 08:55:01 AM »
First few seconds of that video; it looks exactly like LFS on a public server :)
Not worth watching in full, but that's what it's like.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 09:47:28 AM »
;D

I have already watched them...

Well my first 2 race outings didn't go as i hoped. Race 1 i got taken out (ended up on my roof) at the right hand turn onto the back straight at Okayama. I did get a private message from the guy who rear ended me at full pelt apologising for wrecking my race. I got back in an other race today, i listened to everyones advice about just finishing clean... I backed off going into turn 1 as things were a little hectic. Some bloke lost it then just kept on the gas and drove into me... Doh... I kept my nose clean for the rest of the race until the last lap when i was overtaking a back marker on a straight bit of road, and he just swerved into the side of my car!!! My SR isn't improving as much as i'd like...

I'm also having major issues with my steering wheeel on the hyper. I can barely drive the mx-5 in a straight line, the car wanders everywhere, and if i put a couple of mm movement into the wheel, the car swerves violently over the road. It's weird as the wheel is fine in rFactor. I'm thinking of having it serviced at Hyperstimulator as i'm thinking it could be worn pots.... it doesn't explain why it is OK in other driving games.

You will be ok rpo,just do not let yourself going down and give up,do not know what happen when we are behind the wheel but something transform us in selfish beasts and the primordial survival mode is coming to the surface...hahahaaa.
There are a lot of ppl who have no idea what they are doing out there,but not all so,,,just qual as best as you can and try to start in front,and enjoy,accidents happens all the time,this is racing online,,,period.PLus give a time to adjust yourself to the new game,making friends,getting to know some Australian clubs,do not get too frustrated,you will loose the fun.
I was watching Bruce Rook racing last night...geeezz hes a racing machine!!!!!!  LOL!!

For your wheel problem you should try and ask on the forum under "hardware",,is huge you will find someone to help you....good luck!!

I`d like to dedicate this you tube clip and the second position to RPO83,pardon the egocentricity but it was HUGE fun!!!   lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kJTWF9BhDo&feature=share&list=UUM5fTAjOIut089rLredxKYQ[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:04:35 PM by 9Metal »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 04:19:03 PM »
Simone, very pleased I didn't know YOU were watching hahaha I would have gone worse.
I hope it was the race I came 2nd in!

tapatalk on an °[●●]°

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 04:34:54 PM »
Great race phew eeeee.  Loved the inline commetery.

tapatalk on an °[●●]°

Offline rpo83

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 05:29:07 PM »
Thanks Snakey,

Nice race, i can't wait to progress out of rookies so i can buy me a Porsche and Bathurst and come racin'......

I think the problem with my wheel is the fact that you can't set a dead zone for centre, i think the pot must be a little dirty..... I can't drive with any confidence yet as the steering is so eratic, but i'll sort it out soon...
Cheers

Steve

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 05:45:41 PM »
Thanks Snakey,

Nice race, i can't wait to progress out of rookies so i can buy me a Porsche and Bathurst and come racin'......

I think the problem with my wheel is the fact that you can't set a dead zone for centre, i think the pot must be a little dirty..... I can't drive with any confidence yet as the steering is so eratic, but i'll sort it out soon...

nice work Steve..

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 07:34:46 PM »
Simone, very pleased I didn't know YOU were watching hahaha I would have gone worse.
I hope it was the race I came 2nd in!

tapatalk on an °[●●]°

it was,you had an ozzie in front

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal