Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R1 Misano Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R1 Misano Post Race Chat  (Read 21473 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S14R1 Misano Post Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 07:41:34 AM »
For the new guys, I have added some stats links to the first post:

SEASON STATS
ALL TIME STATS

You can always get to these from this sticky thread.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline nith

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 07:43:49 AM »
Was a good night of racing from my seat. Looking forward to the videos.

Race 1 i made a mistake in the final few laps and lost 3 places.

Race 2 i pitted early after flat spotting the tyres. Lots of consistent laps with a bunch of cars behind me.

Marty. No hard feelings. I never actually hit you. You never passed my b pillar and there was some rubbing. I enjoyed that battle and hope more of the races this season are like that.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 09:31:14 AM »
Marty. No hard feelings. I never actually hit you. You never passed my b pillar and there was some rubbing. I enjoyed that battle and hope more of the races this season are like that.

I pitted early race 2 to avoid more of the same so clearly I didnt enjoy that as much as you seemed to. I ran patiently behind you all over the road likely 20 seconds in penalties had you ran plp in the first few laps. I tried my best to not run into the back of you and make a clean pass, I passed then you dive bombed back pushed me off the road and regained the spot. This would typically mean a redress and seeing I followed you for half a race with no contact and you couldnt follow for 1 corner I considered that pretty fair.

The t2 contact I was not a long way up but about half way alongside and you just turned in so nothing I can do but again the times you were alongside I always left you lots of racing room. It would be quite easy to simply dive bomb and push you off the road but thats not exactly fair is it?

Then on the back straight you just kept running into me for whatever reason meaning it was impossible to pass or even drive beside you.

The track cutting makes it pretty hard to compete with someone running a different track. Race 2 you ran plp and so actually tried to stay on the track and it shows in laptimes.  ;)

It was your first race so hopefully you learn from this, simply leave racing room and try to stay on the actual track. With PLP running that will sort you out but awareness of others is something you need to inprove. No hard feelings just hopefully youblearn from that and dont consider that good or fair racing.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 09:35:21 AM »
I think the rolling start needs to be cleaned up as the field was way to spread out.  Speed was up to150 during the lap and when the front guys crossed the start/finish the back markers still had two corners to negotiate leaving them way behind.

Its kind of an issue with single file starts, you see this quite often in race restarts and as there is no safwty car the lead car controls pace. We need to set a new max speed for lead car, at Monza this will likely be much close but then it will likely cause issues there into t1.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 09:47:59 AM »
Big problems for me to with Steam  :(  I think it was you I took out in the 1st race Doobs ? Sorry m8  :( a big seniors
moment  :-[
I know it wasn't deliberate or grossly stupid so I don't have a problem Dave O. :)

I was in a great position to view the second race start and the conga line looked pretty good from where I was.

I certainly hope I don't have the same server  issues next race. Everything was going swimmingly until cars started darting all over the place, then I lost the server. Teamspeak didn't have an issue, and I had good connection to everything else but after it happened again in race two I couldn't access Steam store or community, so I'm blaming Steam.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 10:21:17 AM »

I pitted early race 2 to avoid more of the same so clearly I didnt enjoy that as much as you seemed to. I ran patiently behind you all over the road likely 20 seconds in penalties had you ran plp in the first few laps. I tried my best to not run into the back of you and make a clean pass, I passed then you dive bombed back pushed me off the road and regained the spot. This would typically mean a redress and seeing I followed you for half a race with no contact and you couldnt follow for 1 corner I considered that pretty fair.

The t2 contact I was not a long way up but about half way alongside and you just turned in so nothing I can do but again the times you were alongside I always left you lots of racing room. It would be quite easy to simply dive bomb and push you off the road but thats not exactly fair is it?

Then on the back straight you just kept running into me for whatever reason meaning it was impossible to pass or even drive beside you.

The track cutting makes it pretty hard to compete with someone running a different track. Race 2 you ran plp and so actually tried to stay on the track and it shows in laptimes.  ;)

It was your first race so hopefully you learn from this, simply leave racing room and try to stay on the actual track. With PLP running that will sort you out but awareness of others is something you need to inprove. No hard feelings just hopefully youblearn from that and dont consider that good or fair racing.
For the record, as an impartial observer I didn't think it was that bad. Nith was holding his line while Marty was trying to get alongside, with a fair bit of side by side panel banging. People can watch the replay and/or video which I'm sure Marty will do, and make up their own minds. These kinds of things are always good to evolve community standards of what constitutes fair racing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 11:23:28 AM »
Tough race. Race one qualified just behind Wally and even though I drove a good race I never got close to him.

Race two Wally's early pit stop distracted me causing a messy lap 3. This meant I landed behind a number of other drivers which I found nearly impossible to pass. Had a very enjoyable time chasing Keith until he ran wide a few laps from the finish.

My views on the starts is that race 2 warmup lap was way too quick. There should be a maximum speed as these laps are usually done behind a safety car to ensure a bunched up grid. And while I'm complaining can we have a MASSIVE FRONT WING to glue to the front of the car?

All in all at least team Maki engineering got some points, me and Freezer will do better next time and then maybe Wally will deem us worthy of a place on the points table  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 12:22:03 PM »
Tough race. Race one qualified just behind Wally and even though I drove a good race I never got close to him.

Race two Wally's early pit stop distracted me causing a messy lap 3. This meant I landed behind a number of other drivers which I found nearly impossible to pass. Had a very enjoyable time chasing Keith until he ran wide a few laps from the finish.

My views on the starts is that race 2 warmup lap was way too quick. There should be a maximum speed as these laps are usually done behind a safety car to ensure a bunched up grid. And while I'm complaining can we have a MASSIVE FRONT WING to glue to the front of the car?

All in all at least team Maki engineering got some points, me and Freezer will do better next time and then maybe Wally will deem us worthy of a place on the points table  ;D
Oops, I've left you off the team table. I'll fix it!

I found I had to slow quite a bit and turn in quite early. If team driver #1 Grat allows it, I'll post my setup.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2016, 06:09:58 PM »

Fixed!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 06:30:19 PM »
Can someone upload the replay from last night?  I'd be interested to have a look.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 07:19:04 PM »
Can someone upload the replay from last night?  I'd be interested to have a look.

Aren't we all ;D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 09:04:15 PM »
I found I had to slow quite a bit and turn in quite early. If team driver #1 Grat allows it, I'll post my setup.
Ahahah! It looks like I just gave all my secrets to Phil... :(

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 10:05:31 PM »
Ahahah! It looks like I just gave all my secrets to Phil... :(

its ok, I only told Joe :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 10:56:43 PM »

For the record, as an impartial observer I didn't think it was that bad. Nith was holding his line while Marty was trying to get alongside, with a fair bit of side by side panel banging. People can watch the replay and/or video which I'm sure Marty will do, and make up their own minds. These kinds of things are always good to evolve community standards of what constitutes fair racing.
Here's an observation.  Is Nith using a controller (not a wheel)?
I noticed his in car wheel movements are very quick back and forth, which would account for the not always smooth driving line.
And if that's the case . . . well done!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 11:00:00 PM »
Interesting observation... ptracker does not say what the input method was for him.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal