Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday S5R5 Sachsanring Pre Race Chat and Prac Server is UP!

Author Topic: Thursday S5R5 Sachsanring Pre Race Chat and Prac Server is UP!  (Read 14730 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday S5R5 Sachsanring Pre Race Chat and Prac Server is UP!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 08:10:51 AM »
My pc was playing silly buggers just before the race. No sound out of my centre speaker (were I have TS) and then lost my steering wheel driver, which it sometimes does. Got things working again just in time for a race restart - thanks guys. I think my centre speaker is just dead, after fiddling with a few different things (Logitech Z506).

First race was a practice run on a tricky track to learn. Race 2 was great fun though, scrapping side by side with Marty, Grubbet and Gratulin. Sorry for the bump in the rear Gratulin, on the final turn up the hill, I found myself carrying a lot more speed than you suddenly and had nowhere to go, but at least I just pushed you up the hill a bit :)

I bumped someone side by side in the dying stages of the race though (maybe Gwyar) and spun off into the wall and dropped about 6 places. I didn't watch the replay yet, so I don't know what happened there. Still a lot of fun though.

Only a few of us stayed for the F1 car. Quite a handful! Easy to lock up brakes, easy to power oversteer, easy to spin. But yes, it is a good mod that feels quite believable.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 08:24:07 AM »
This was just too much fun with pants on. :)
I think this combo was a really magical one, and the racing was really good and close.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 08:49:54 AM »
Going to miss this one, date night with the wife...

;) ;D

I've been on the lookout for some cheap smiting action!!
Schweet!!   :-X
And that bitch fighting stuff, is that extra?  :P
(pretty sure this is still on topic!!)

Maybe next week he will have to go to work near Stans place.  ;D

Bonus, I'm just down the road...

That explains why Joe and GB are both out, I like how GB waited to make his announcement later but joe was so excited he was out as soon as the booking was confirmed.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 10:04:37 AM »
Going to miss this one, date night with the wife...

;) ;D

I've been on the lookout for some cheap smiting action!!
Schweet!!   :-X
And that bitch fighting stuff, is that extra?  :P
(pretty sure this is still on topic!!)

Maybe next week he will have to go to work near Stans place.  ;D

Bonus, I'm just down the road...

That explains why Joe and GB are both out, I like how GB waited to make his announcement later but joe was so excited he was out as soon as the booking was confirmed.

Lol, date night for me these days is just about getting a break from the kids and trying to stay awake in the cinema... ???

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 10:57:03 AM »
haha, nicely under played Joe  8)

Your right Bird, a fun track although Wally's car become a bit of an 'speed bump' in race 2 on the last lap, once again Grubbet and I had a hard fought number of laps, with some good side by side racing.  Not sure my setup is that good for speed, but it does look good in the replay...

Sachsenring is a must for future events... and I did hear the talk around the Spielberg track... it is the A1 track, now I know it, but Gratulin thanks for the invite, but I was struggling at the end of a second bout of a virus in a month!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 12:01:41 PM »
I think we can continue to offer the F1 or V8 track when available as an extra combo before and after the Thursday league races. I enjoy trying out the circuits at the same time a the real races are on. Just for casual racing at the present.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 12:16:12 PM »
Was a fun combo, I had only ever seen Saschenring on TV watching moto gp and had no idea about the layout, kind of got the gist of it but still never quite could go flat in sections you can as I never quite got the turn in points to those blind fast left handers. Exiting out wide onto kerbs was a big no no so I mostly took it a bit easier then needed.

Race 1 was fun I just tried to push as hard as possible early starting near the back, hoped to get onto the back of Phil to help get the lines a bit better. Was fun fighting through the pack, I did have contact with Dave O as he re entered the track on lap 1 which put him into the wall. I was just holding my line though with someone on my outside and he came back and just drove into my path so there was no much I could do.

Ended up getting to second after a few laps and tried to hunt down Phil but I couldn't quite put a lap together and didn't make any progress from there.

Race 2 Early on was a good battle but then Wally got a kerb and spun right in front of me, I had it all locked up but still gave him a slight tap. From then on maybe some aero damage slowed my pace and so I needed to push extra hard in corners to try make up for it. I caught Bacchulum and tried a move on the inside of t1. I saw early I wasn't going to make the apex as I locked up and almost accelerated and giving him a fair old thump.

From there on I had a good battle with Wally and co but my car was quite slow in the straights by now and even in the draft I wasn't gaining, last lap I royally stuffed the jump and had what seemed like a 5 way 10 second tank slapper which eventually ended in a spin. To my surprise I got going again made it around the next corner and saw all 3 I was battling before have spins on the next corner and I was easily able to get by the lot of them.  ;D

The redbull ring is a very well done track but not an easy place to pass in the f1 car, well done mod car too so still good fun just blasting around even if only a few of us were on. I have this combo up on one of my pass servers and will leave it on over the weekend if anyone wants a run with the mclaren f1 cars.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal