Xtreme Gaming Network

AC Multiplayer

Author Topic: AC Multiplayer  (Read 13590 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: AC Multiplayer
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 03:57:19 PM »
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/beta-sign-up-for-raceme-ios-ac-multi-player-network.21353/
This may be very good. The specs they talk about would be good if they are implemented. Also, AC1.2 may give better hooks for this sort of thing.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 04:09:33 PM »
I just assumed this was dead in the water.  Will be good if something comes of it, but as was raised in the comments, AC doesn't output any damage or contract info so may be hard to make it anything more than a results log???

Fingers crossed.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 07:29:08 PM »
I just assumed this was dead in the water.  Will be good if something comes of it, but as was raised in the comments, AC doesn't output any damage or contract info so may be hard to make it anything more than a results log???

Fingers crossed.
I believe there's going to be some kind of "incident report" output in 1.2.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 08:03:00 AM »
I think after listening to some of Episode 4 of Stefano's live stream we need to call this release "Wally's Release" - server plugin support: collision detection, false start monitoring etc etc. also with the server plugin using UDP we can hook all XGN servers into the one plugin for user verification etc. no more need for server passwords. Just use XGN forum registration and/or steam group to permit joining server. Can also have an XGN-wide safety/performance rating - RSR might implement this AC-wide?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 09:27:43 AM »
I won't be bored, that's for sure.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2015, 09:38:25 AM »
I think after listening to some of Episode 4 of Stefano's live stream we need to call this release "Wally's Release" - server plugin support: collision detection, false start monitoring etc etc. also with the server plugin using UDP we can hook all XGN servers into the one plugin for user verification etc. no more need for server passwords. Just use XGN forum registration and/or steam group to permit joining server. Can also have an XGN-wide safety/performance rating - RSR might implement this AC-wide?

Sounds full on all the new bits  :o

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 12:18:44 PM »
I won't be bored, that's for sure.

Time to clear Wally's codeing cave in preperation, .aybe we can get livestreams of you in action.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »
Lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal