Xtreme Gaming Network

Tyre Pressure Engineer

Author Topic: Tyre Pressure Engineer  (Read 159678 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Tyre Pressure Engineer
« on: November 29, 2015, 07:03:49 PM »
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tyre-pressure-engineer.28841/

Each tyre type has an ideal pressure for optimum grip.

This app keeps an average of your tyre pressures over the last lap, and lets you see how different the average pressure of each wheel is from the ideal pressure.

You can set the ideal pressure for each wheel (it defaults to the current pressure when you start). The app shows the current pressure, the average pressure over the last lap, and how much you have to increase or decrease the pressure in the pits to meet your ideal pressure.

The current pressures are colour coded for temperature. Blue -> green means too cold (green is closer to optimal). White means in optimal temp range. Yellow -> Red means too hot.

Unzip into steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 11:29:24 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Tyre Pressure Engineer
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 09:22:52 PM »
The optimum psi for the M4, according to the tyres info, is 36 all round. Optimum for grip, that is. It seems that in a lot of cars, you go faster if you put the tyre pressure pretty high, so I don't know how optimal that pressure really is.

For the Lotus V6 cup, it's 34 front, 35 rear.
Formula Abarth, 24 all round.
SCG 003, 33 all round.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 09:27:02 PM »
Wouldn't the temperature also factor into it, so lowering the pressure below optimum might yield a higher temp and more grip that way vs. Optimum pressures?

Sounds like a great app though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 09:49:17 PM »
For the M4, peak grip is 75 to 95 degrees.

I don't know which is more important for grip though - temp or pressure, or how they combine.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:55:50 PM by Wally »

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »
I would think temperature if it's the difference between being in the right temp window vs being 10 degrees too cold.

However many of the road cars don't heat up the tyres so they are are cold natter what, in which case I think pressure would be the thing to focus on.

I'm pretty sure Kunos are working on the cold tyres thing though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 03:57:06 PM »
I updated the app in the link in the first post.

Understeer/OversteerI've added a measure of your average understeer or oversteer. The app displays a number for your average understeer or oversteer for the last lap, calculated from front and rear slip angles. The bigger the number, the more you are understeering or oversteering. The app also shows an instantaneous meter of your current understeer (green bar) or oversteer (red bar). You can use this to see if a setup change has made your car more understeery or oversteery.
When your pit limiter is on, the averages for the current lap are reset. This is handy if you've made a setup change and want to start again with your averages. Otherwise, you can just do more than one lap with your new setup - the app only keeps an average for your last lap.Understeer/OversteerI've added a measure of your average understeer or oversteer. The app displays a number for your average understeer or oversteer for the last lap, calculated from front and rear slip angles. The bigger the number, the more you are understeering or oversteering. The app also shows an instantaneous meter of your current understeer (green bar) or oversteer (red bar). You can use this to see if a setup change has made your car more understeery or oversteery.
When your pit limiter is on, the averages for the current lap are reset. This is handy if you've made a setup change and want to start again with your averages. Otherwise, you can just do more than one lap with your new setup - the app only keeps an average for your last lap.Understeer/Oversteer
 I've added a measure of your average understeer or oversteer. The app displays a number for your average understeer or oversteer for the last lap, calculated from front and rear slip angles. The bigger the number, the more you are understeering or oversteering. The app also shows an instantaneous meter of your current understeer (green bar) or oversteer (red bar). You can use this to see if a setup change has made your car more understeery or oversteery.

When your pit limiter is on, the averages for the current lap are reset. This is handy if you've made a setup change and want to start again with your averages. Otherwise, you can just do more than one lap with your new setup - the app only keeps an average for your last lap.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 05:01:10 PM »
Sounds great.  Did I just read the same thing 3 times?  Is this some sort of test?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 05:16:59 PM »
No, your vision must be blurred.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 06:27:05 PM »
Do you know what the ideal tyre pressure is for the Lotus V6 Cup Semi-slicks?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 07:03:38 PM »
Sounds great.  Did I just read the same thing 3 times?  Is this some sort of test?
I'm confused. Why did you read it three times? I read it only once 8)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 08:17:34 PM »

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 08:31:17 PM »
Thanks.

How do you see the optimum pressures for a random car though?  Or is it all built into the app for Kunos cars?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 09:50:06 PM »
Thanks.

How do you see the optimum pressures for a random car though?  Or is it all built into the app for Kunos cars?
You have to decrypt the acd files for each car. If I can automate it, I'll produce a shared Google doc. There's optimal tyre pressures for every car/tyre combo.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 10:11:02 PM »
Thanks for the app, I find it handy
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2015, 08:28:10 AM »
Sounds interesting, I really think optimum temps and pressures should be shown somewhere in game not needing to decrypt acd files. The oversteer and understeer thing not sure if id need to know that, thats something I can feel easy enough but may be of use to some.

PS the Wally bot seems broken it keeps repeating itself.

PS the Wally bot seems broken it keeps repeating itself.

Wally bot seems broken it keeps repeating itself. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal