Xtreme Gaming Network

Tyre Pressure Engineer

Author Topic: Tyre Pressure Engineer  (Read 159702 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Tyre Pressure Engineer
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2018, 06:11:43 PM »
Does the 'corner' reading change through the corner?
I saw some high figures there and assumed that it was the 'last' reading, ie. corner exit only, as I was looking at the apex during cornering and not the app.
The corner figure is a running average as you go through the corner. So by the time you exit the corner, the last number is the average over the whole corner.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2018, 07:59:15 PM »
Oops... the corner figure was stuffed. It wasn't resetting after each corner. Now fixed. Please re-download!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2018, 07:59:41 PM »
Just did a few laps in the lotus at QLD, and got around 350 for Corner and around 180 for Average consistently
across a number of laps.
Yeah, you don't have enough ARB adjustment in the Lotus to really balance it, but you can improve the weight transfer distribution.
So are the big numbers saying it has a lot of front weight transfer.  I can't see it getting to negative!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2018, 08:00:17 PM »
Just did a few laps in the lotus at QLD, and got around 350 for Corner and around 180 for Average consistently
across a number of laps.
Yeah, you don't have enough ARB adjustment in the Lotus to really balance it, but you can improve the weight transfer distribution.
So are the big numbers saying it has a lot of front weight transfer.  I can't see it getting to negative!
Ok, just saw your post will re download.

EDIT: Seeing negatives now, along with positives.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:08:56 PM by Freezer »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2018, 08:56:38 PM »
Last change......  :o

I added the average for all corners over a lap, so you have:

Last Corner = the weight transfer delta for the last corner (final figure on exit is the average for that corner)
Lap Avg = the average delta over the whole lap
Corner Avg = the average delta, over the whole lap, but just while cornering.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2020, 11:30:16 AM »
Hey, I updated this app in the first post to make it use a little less CPU (not that it used much to begin with, but it's improved now).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal