Would really like to try this set up, have downloaded ACC ext mirrors app, Content manager lite, and lights patch v0.123 preview65.
I'm certainly not a computer wizard so would like some help on how to get this installed & running. (don't want to unpack files to wrong place)
From what I understand the acc ext mirrors app goes into AC the same as usual so no dramas there.
For Content manager wondering where's the best place to unzip this to? (apparently need CM to install the lights patch)
Now the lights patch, do I unzip this somewhere or will CM do this when it's activated. Have Windows on c: drive & Steam, AC, and all games on D: drive.
All new to me so any help much appreciated I know a few people run CM here and swear by it. Thanks all Cheers Dave O.
Does this help, I would like to try this too but am afraid of stuffing up my AC install.
1. Download Content Manager:https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html
To get the full version, make a donation (any amount will do) for x4fab, the guy behind CM and shaders. He deserves it.
2. Install a weather mod, with 24h time support:
Content Manager allows using times of day outside default AC's 8:00-18:00. It also allows loading tailor-made cloud textures, lighting and PP filters, for each condition.
For example, two good options:https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.19484/https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto4seasons.21408/
Follow the installation instructions of respective mods.
3. Install custom shaders:https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights
In addition to night racing, they allow other cool stuff, like
- Visual tyre flex
- Working cockpit lighting
- Different color headlights depending on car
- Mirrors that work more like real mirrors (viewpoint moves when you move, TrackIR or VR)
- Support for working odometers, clocks and other dash instruments (Odometer requires Stereos odometer app)
- Working frog-eye lights (like F40) that gradually lift up
- Working blinkers (currently enabled in very low speed turns, for selected test cars)
- Headlights break with damage
- Possibility for full track lighting
Some of this works only in beta version of the shaders (soon to be released v0.1.23).
If you want them early, head to shaders Discord: https://discord.gg/FEztNRE
In Discord, see channels