Xtreme Gaming Network

New case and cooling

Author Topic: New case and cooling  (Read 5854 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
New case and cooling
« on: December 06, 2017, 11:44:11 AM »
I built my PC on a budget with a mini tower and in the summer months it does get pretty toasty when gaming. Decided to get a bigger case with better airflow as an xmas present to myself, but unfortunately I'm a sucker for gimmicks and the more I looked into it the more dollars I spent haha.

This is my old case as I started pulling its guts out:

Ended up buying all this. Oops...

And some pictures of it all together:

Totally unnecessary but awesome. You can change all the colours and effects on the lighting. This video is 'Spectrum Wave' which looks pretty cool. The photos/video don't do the colours justice though.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: New case and cooling
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 12:57:21 PM »
Nice, that case should give you good air flow from the front.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 01:05:30 PM »
Yeah it ran nice and cool last night even with the fans set to 'silent' mode. Only thing is the RGB fans are airflow fans so I have them on the radiator. It came with two static pressure fans I was going to use for push/pull but there was no room in the top of the case for that. Was only today I thought I should have put the radiator on the front as there is room for push/pull there. I'm not overclocked so no rush to change it but may do at some stage.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »
Yeah it ran nice and cool last night even with the fans set to 'silent' mode. Only thing is the RGB fans are airflow fans so I have them on the radiator. It came with two static pressure fans I was going to use for push/pull but there was no room in the top of the case for that. Was only today I thought I should have put the radiator on the front as there is room for push/pull there. I'm not overclocked so no rush to change it but may do at some stage.
Wouldn't make that much difference, until you overclock and pushing the limits

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:54:09 PM »
Now you just need to buy some rgb strips, and keep going with the xmas spirit!

I've got the same cooler, btw, but I've gone for quietness and ease of use, so mine is not visible unless I open the case.   Not that I miss it too much; I've got a corsair RGB keyboard to light up the desk :D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 02:25:32 PM »
Now you just need to buy some rgb strips, and keep going with the xmas spirit!

I've got the same cooler, btw, but I've gone for quietness and ease of use, so mine is not visible unless I open the case.   Not that I miss it too much; I've got a corsair RGB keyboard to light up the desk :D

Hah I did think about the strips but not right now. The case has tinted tempered glass sides so the lighting isn't too in your face.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:04:06 PM »
Ha, I can see Joe spinning out while he is busy checking out the disco lights on the case  :P
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal