Xtreme Gaming Network

S12 R2 - Goodwood Circuit - 11/01/2018

Author Topic: S12 R2 - Goodwood Circuit - 11/01/2018  (Read 11861 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S12 R2 - Goodwood Circuit - 11/01/2018
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 06:52:41 AM »
I also liked the shit it poured on Ferrari ;D.
Does it?
I'll definitely have to make time to watch. ;D :P 8)
I thought that would attract your attention Bacchulum, but it really is a very good motor sport doco and it does show that Enzo was not a very nice person.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »
I may be a little late tonight,  please start practice if I am not there :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 06:04:30 PM »
I may be a little late tonight,  please start practice if I am not there :)
Thanks Phil, will do.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:35:18 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 09:44:51 PM »
My main goal was to achieve some consistency of my lap times after the previous round, and I managed that with some setup changes. I had no silly spins this round - just one excursion onto the grass in race 2 when I was trying to take an opportunity to squeeze past rooshooter on the back "straight".
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 09:55:11 PM »
Really struggled with getting the setup right. The uneven track played havoc with whatever setup I tried, the fact that other cars did not appear to struggle so much was extremely frustrating.Was so bad that trying to follow other drivers in race would see me go offroading.

Race two was probably my best Thursday drive yet, no mistakes and good consistency in a evil car to finish just in front of a fast gaining Bueller.  Even managed to break into the 25's and then on the final lap the 24's!

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 10:01:50 PM »
It's hard doing 7 night shifts then travelling all day with out much sleep, then trying to control this monster of car. Put in some good laps for pole, almost broke 1.23 but just not consistent enough. R1 excellent start from pole...restart...average start from pole...restart...then brain fart and jump the lights, drive through penalty lol. Worked up a major sweat, couldn't really keep it together but gained a few spots back. R2 started mid pack gained a few spots with some close racing and then hunted imperious and then mael, but couldn't get close enough. Good fun racing with you all, see on track in a fortnight

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 08:11:02 AM »
Congratulations to Wally and Mael on the wins and good to see some new people scoring points as well 8).
Another good night of racing. After doing a lot of practice at this track I knew it required your full attention if you wished to avoid any silly mistakes. I started using a slightly modified version of Phil's Salzburg setup and gained a second immediately  ;D.
R1 at the beginning of each restart, I was hoping I would get away as good as the previous, and luckily I did, had a good race and with Joe letting me take third place. Thanks Joe, a lot of other drivers would have gone for it and probably ruined both our race 8).
R2 I can never get used to being near the back of the reverse grid race if I did well in R1 :o I always think "mission impossible" here ::)  I don't know how you do it  Bacchulum and Phil ( although I do like being passed by either of you at the most unlikely places, by my standards anyway 8) 8))but I was doing well, till a touch of the grass sent me off and across the track, without colliding  with anybody luckily, and I ended up nearly last I think.
Did anyone manage the two races without an off?
I think everybody is starting to get used to these cars now and have a setup sorted, next week should be good.

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 10:11:53 AM »
As others have said, I too had difficulties getting a setup to work here. The bumps unsettled the car in an inconsistent manner which continually caught me out. Thanks to Roo for his setup which was much better than anything I had come up with. Apologies to Rob and Grat for the contact and hopefully next week goes better.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal