Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R3: Misano Post-Race

Author Topic: S21R3: Misano Post-Race  (Read 10297 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S21R3: Misano Post-Race
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 09:54:11 AM »
It's a fair scoring scheme, not weird. You are rewarded more for being able to pull out a greater lead when the field is compressed with ballast.

I know in this instance you scored more because Phil and Matt tangled, but that's racing. In any type of scoring, they might have been 1 and 2 and crashed, gifting you the win. It happens. But in general, the faster you are than others, the more points you score.

If someone is good enough to finish 30 seconds in front of the field, instead of 1 second, shouldn't they be rewarded more? You could say that traditional scoring, where you might get 2 more points whether you finish 30 seconds or 1 second in front, is unfair.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S21R3: Misano Post-Race
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 03:05:52 PM »
It's a fair scoring scheme, not weird. You are rewarded more for being able to pull out a greater lead when the field is compressed with ballast.

I know in this instance you scored more because Phil and Matt tangled, but that's racing. In any type of scoring, they might have been 1 and 2 and crashed, gifting you the win. It happens. But in general, the faster you are than others, the more points you score.

If someone is good enough to finish 30 seconds in front of the field, instead of 1 second, shouldn't they be rewarded more? You could say that traditional scoring, where you might get 2 more points whether you finish 30 seconds or 1 second in front, is unfair.
Wally. please don't get defensive ;) I just said it's a bit weird, not unfair. You'd be surprised, if you think about it, how many weird things are fair and how many ordinary things are not :):):)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal