Xtreme Gaming Network

Sea of Thieves

Author Topic: Sea of Thieves  (Read 5915 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Sea of Thieves
« on: March 27, 2018, 03:04:16 PM »
Anyone else playing this
you can try it for free with a xbox game pass 2 week free trial from Microsoft store if the life of a salty pirate sounds cool to you.

it is a pc game as well as xbox, its a play anywhere title

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 03:09:46 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
Re: Sea of Thieves
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »
Yeah I grabbed the 14 day trial and have been playing it.

I've learnt that at least half my mates have no idea how sailing works but they got there eventually. Doesn't matter though, the game suffers from a serious lack of content and I think it'll become a title I quickly leave behind.

The game does have some serious promise, but it's quickly dragged down by the poor performance we have all been getting on there, pings are completely unstable and even when it's not spiking it's still a rather high number. I am on adsl2 and a couple of my mates with very good 100mbit connections that typically get <10ms on aussie servers are sitting around the same as me in this game around 80ms or so, regardless of connection, we were all getting ping spikes up to 500ms then back down to 80ms. This process becomes very annoying as it happens often and when it did happen, you would warp around the boat a bit.

The gameplay does get rather dull when you just keep running the same missions over and over again. Doesn't seem much point to continue collecting gold as all that we could see to purchase with it, was cosmetics. Might be a different story if you could work your way up to better boats or weapons. Currently I can't see value in this game, especially at the AUD pricing of $100

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 06:43:25 PM »
$100  ???  That's a bit rich for a game nowadays. 

No I don't play this.   I do play factorio, though.   It's only $20 and I already got my money's worth 10 times over - and it just keeps giving ;)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 06:50:22 PM »
I had been watching videos of the beta and it looked pretty fun. Always so many games I want to play, but don't have the time.

On a side note PUBG is now on mobile, with Fortnite coming to mobile soon too. Could be some fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal