Xtreme Gaming Network

Daniel Ricciardo: Red Bull driver leaving for Renault at end of 2018 season

Author Topic: Daniel Ricciardo: Red Bull driver leaving for Renault at end of 2018 season  (Read 7731 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Surely this is not a good career decision as its currently the Renault motor which is ruining Redbulls and his season.  Looks Daniel has the Alonso career decision affliction  :-\ :-[ >:(

I Reckon they were not willing to pay him what they pay Verstappen, so can sorts understand him saying f#%* you Redbull

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/45056366
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline RussG

• View Profile
Well I didn't pick that one .....
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Good move for the next two years, but not a great move if he plans on getting into a top team after that.  Hard to get noticed when you are getting lapped by 6 other cars.

I guess after being on the equivalent of an F1 drivers pittance at RBR he is entitled to feather his nest.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
He was never going to win a world championship at Redbull with Verstappen there. Mercedes and Ferrari already have lead drivers. So Renault works team is the only other option if he wants to go for a world championship.

Offline Karydis7

• View Profile
Moving to renault is a better decision then staying at redbull. redbull made it clear verstappen was priority and as his teammate it would lower your confidence a bit and thats something dan doesnt need. and at  renault he is most likely going to be number one driver which means its his team in a way almost like you have vettel and hamilton they own them on track. and renault have plenty of money and have proved they can one day be championship winners again. in 2021 when the regulations get changed it is rumoured to favour teams like renault so i have no doubt dan will resign at the end of 2020. And he is on estimated 35 mil who wouldnt go there ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Whatever his reasons for leaving must have been compelling, to walk away from a Newey car ???

2+2=√16

Offline Karydis7

• View Profile
yeah see that point i cant answer, that man is unbelievably smart. there was talks at the start of the year that he was going to renault but he shut that down quickly. imagine that though dan and newey at renault (•‿•)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Its odd, Earliest they could win a race most likely is 2021 when the new rules come into effect, but he is out of contract then and he will probably be eyeing Mercedes or Ferrari again.
Cant blame him, but done for the money I reckon. He must be thinking its better being number 1 at a mid pack team than being the next Mark Webber at Redbull. 
Also cant be good for the confidence knowing your team mate is faster and is going to get faster also.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 01:46:29 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal