Xtreme Gaming Network

Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality (VR) headset

Author Topic: Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality (VR) headset  (Read 35737 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality (VR) headset
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2018, 02:29:46 PM »
Something Rolz told me ages ago was turning AA off can actually improve the blur in the distance. At some point I'll have a play around with all the settings and see how I can get it looking at better.

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2018, 02:36:56 PM »
Something Rolz told me ages ago was turning AA off can actually improve the blur in the distance. At some point I'll have a play around with all the settings and see how I can get it looking at better.
I have been trying lots of things, sometimes the difference is subtle so not sure if better or worse. I will be interested to see what you come up with.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2018, 02:49:07 PM »
I have been trying lots of things, sometimes the difference is subtle so not sure if better or worse. I will be interested to see what you come up with.
I have just tested and is better with AA turned off :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2018, 03:17:57 PM »
I have just tested and is better with AA turned off :)

Good stuff. If you have a beefy enough GPU you could try and super sampling settings in the nvidia control panel too.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2018, 09:47:18 PM »
Just been playing with this again for a couple of hours and am seriously impressed with it for the money. I could actually see me using it for racing..... even though I did just buy three new 27" monitors  :-\

I tried turning AA off and it looks a lot worse to me, at least on the grid with the cars around I could see jagged edges so turned that back on. I went from world detail on lowest to highest and didn't really notice any difference in how it looked or the frame rate. I just left it at medium. Have anisotropic filtering maxed out and shadows at their lowest as well as mirror reflections at lowest. That gives me a constant 90fps hot lapping, but with other cars on track it can drop into the 50s. Depending on how many cars around me it does get up to 70-80fps but never 90 when other cars on track. Guess all that would fix that is a beefier GPU.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »
I presume this is the same one I have since January. It is tricky when other cars are around. Last few months before leaving it was working ok, but it had taken me many days of tweaking with all sorts of things to make it work ok. I just hope nothing too much has changes and it will work fine again when I race again with you guys...

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2018, 08:31:57 AM »
Has motion sickness been an issue?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2018, 08:41:49 AM »
For me not at all. I was really impressed: Tried it first time, drove for 1 hour, zero problems. But my wife tried it once and felt not good after 5 minutes. So I guess it's really a personal thing.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2018, 08:42:08 AM »

Not for me. It just feels natural. I know some people do feel it. When I was playing around with the Gear VR I tried some flight combat game and that did make me feel pretty sick, but AC doesn't.

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2018, 10:22:40 AM »
Not for me  and I don't get seasick as well  :)

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2018, 02:51:00 PM »
If you have a HOTAS try DCS World free trial, simply amazing :).

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2018, 03:57:16 PM »
Arrived today, found a new use for project cars 2, the game is actually not bad with the vr headset. I've only had minimal use with the headset so far but it seems pretty good. Need more time to fine tune all the settings and work out an easy way to reset centre. PC2 and ACC feel good with it. Screen door is annoying but the immersion factor out weighs it. So far very good for casual/fun racing for me, I'll definitely use it on Thursday

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2018, 04:02:03 PM »
CTRL + Space is reset center in AC. Could probably use an app to bind that it to a button on the wheel but I can usually just find those keys by feel

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2018, 05:29:09 PM »
I didn't want to mess around with ac too much yet so I don't have to change everything back for tomorrow night, pc2 I can program a wheel button. Sometimes loading up a game pc2 or acc and the menu is like it's a couple of metres below me and I can't find a way to centre it in acc

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2018, 05:43:31 PM »
I didn't want to mess around with ac too much yet so I don't have to change everything back for tomorrow night, pc2 I can program a wheel button. Sometimes loading up a game pc2 or acc and the menu is like it's a couple of metres below me and I can't find a way to centre it in acc

Never had any trouble with menus in PCars2, but have had the problem with ACC with the Vive. I keep the headset facing forward as I start ACC and seems to
do the trick. When it happened to me the menu was 90 deg to my right  :o  Hope this helps  ;)  Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal