Xtreme Gaming Network

S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course

Author Topic: S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course  (Read 62178 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S25R1: SunBank 24 at Daytona Road Course
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2018, 09:51:08 AM »
This track seems very demanding for my rig... I'm basically at 75/80fps. I hope it won't create issues at the start, with many cars around. For the rest, it is annoying but drivable.

As for the cars: I think I'll go with the long tail. It does not seem to have front wheels (maybe a small one? Like a plane?) and drives very ugly, but at least it goes when it's straight. I really wish I knew how to set it up. Short tail is magnificent, but too slow and I am scared of being in traffic after a pit stop.

Will confirm on other thread tonight.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2018, 04:15:28 PM »
Only get 11 laps out of a full tank in the Short Tail ... either a 3 stopper or fuel saving and go even slower.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 08:19:32 PM »
Only get 11 laps out of a full tank in the Short Tail ... either a 3 stopper or fuel saving and go even slower.
We are five laps short, so that will be a huge amount of fuel saving to get 2 stops!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
We are five laps short, so that will be a huge amount of fuel saving to get 2 stops!!
Hmmm I tried to figure it out at a 2 stopper. How many laps are you assuming? Kcender won't be doing that soft tyre pace the whole race. I may yet have to drop the fuel multiplier, but then we'll be getting into territory where the merc & Mazda become 1 stoppers. I may have to look at shortening this race so the short tail can do it in 2 stops. Will keep you posted.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2018, 09:34:32 PM »
OK, Daytona is a tricky track to balance fuel because of it's high speed, and the cars have very different fuel economies. The other two-stop races are easier to work out as 2 stoppers.

What I'm going to have to do here is make the fuel multiplier 1.8x, and make a rule that everybody has to pit twice (as some cars will be able to do it in 1 stop). You have to do something in the stop - add some fuel, change tyres, or both.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2018, 09:43:05 PM »
OK, Daytona is a tricky track to balance fuel because of it's high speed, and the cars have very different fuel economies. The other two-stop races are easier to work out as 2 stoppers.

What I'm going to have to do here is make the fuel multiplier 1.8x, and make a rule that everybody has to pit twice (as some cars will be able to do it in 1 stop). You have to do something in the stop - add some fuel, change tyres, or both.

current strategy meet trash can :P

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2018, 09:43:18 PM »
Hmmm I tried to figure it out at a 2 stopper. How many laps are you assuming? Kcender won't be doing that soft tyre pace the whole race. I may yet have to drop the fuel multiplier, but then we'll be getting into territory where the merc & Mazda become 1 stoppers. I may have to look at shortening this race so the short tail can do it in 2 stops. Will keep you posted.
Shorties are doing 9L/lap on a 99 litre tank (11 laps).  Estimating 38 laps race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »

current strategy meet trash can :P
Yeah, sorry about the late change - I didn't want anyone to have to do 3 stops, of course.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2018, 08:27:48 PM »
How long is the race? 60 mins?

I just did a 25 min stint in the Mazda, medium tyres weren't up me much somewhere between 20 and 25 mins.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2018, 10:07:40 PM »

medium tyres weren't up me much

Thank god
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2018, 10:08:54 PM »

I just did a 25 min stint in the Mazda, medium tyres weren't up me much somewhere between 20 and 25 mins.
Yep, 60 min + 1 lap.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2018, 10:30:23 PM »
It could be a very interesting  race if it makes 38 laps as predicted as I’ve found tonight the long tail is going to only make 34 laps with 2 stops and that’s using 70% boost

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2018, 10:21:57 AM »
It could be a very interesting  race if it makes 38 laps as predicted as I’ve found tonight the long tail is going to only make 34 laps with 2 stops and that’s using 70% boost
Even with the revised fuel multiplier of 1.8x???

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2018, 11:01:21 AM »

I made 17 laps on a tank. So 1 stop should give you 34 laps, a 2 stopper adds another 17 laps to give a maximum 51 laps. Off course any Turbo use or damage may change the usage.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2018, 11:24:02 AM »
Sorry, I forgot about starting the race with a full tank - doh  :o !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal