Xtreme Gaming Network

Car Mod: is Historx on it's way to AC?

Author Topic: Car Mod: is Historx on it's way to AC?  (Read 14019 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Car Mod: is Historx on it's way to AC?
« on: July 16, 2014, 06:48:26 PM »

The HistorX Historic Touring Car & GT mod surely is one of rFactor’s most popular modding project, created by a very talented team with a passion for historic racing and details.
Now, it seems like the famous mod is heading for a new home as Rantam, head of the HistorX team, has posted the following video, showing one of the HistorX cars in Assetto Corsa!

Ever since Kunos Simulazioni released the modding tools for Assetto Corsa, modding has picked up dramatically as promising projects are starting up left and right, revitalizing the mod community in a way that many people hoped rFactor 2 would have done.

If Team HistorX would be moving on to the new platform as well it would be a further boost for the AC modding community and further shape the title as the place to be for mods in sim racing.

http://www.virtualr.net/historx-mod-for-assetto-corsa-preview-video

[youtube]kkbnZUsSyGQ[/youtube]
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Car Mod: is Historx on it's way to AC?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 08:11:23 PM »
Should be interesting.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline stanna

• batmans a scientist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »
that would make my day.. as i get older i find it harder to drive the sleek fast modern card.. :)
-stanna / TEA

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 04:33:54 PM »
that would make my day.. as i get older i find it harder to drive the sleek fast modern card.. :)

Maybe you just have less time to practice with them as you get older :)

Offline SpeedFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 10:17:38 AM »

The HistorX Historic Touring Car & GT mod surely is one of rFactor’s most popular modding project, created by a very talented team with a passion for historic racing and details.
Now, it seems like the famous mod is heading for a new home as Rantam, head of the HistorX team, has posted the following video, showing one of the HistorX cars in Assetto Corsa!

Ever since Kunos Simulazioni released the modding tools for Assetto Corsa, modding has picked up dramatically as promising projects are starting up left and right, revitalizing the mod community in a way that many people hoped rFactor 2 would have done.

If Team HistorX would be moving on to the new platform as well it would be a further boost for the AC modding community and further shape the title as the place to be for mods in sim racing.

http://www.virtualr.net/historx-mod-for-assetto-corsa-preview-video

[youtube]kkbnZUsSyGQ[/youtube]
Let that excitement build Bruce ...... http://www.virtualr.net/historx-for-assetto-corsa-new-previews

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »

Sorry Guybrush, but I think I have to agree with stanna on this one. I am living proof of "the older I get, the faster I was" syndrome. lol.  I have all the time in world to practice, but I just keep getting slower, but at least with more practice I'm consistently slower now.  ;)

Although I never played HisorX, I was a huge fan of Power and Glory mod for GTR2. Punting the old Boss 302 Mustang and hearing it howl at the redline, was one of life's little pleasures.

I am amazed at the number of Mod teams that are switching from rFactor 1/2 to AC. The future is looking pretty bright for AC.

rob

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 12:47:16 PM »
Well, RF2 is going a tad slowly, isn't it?  And it's already pretty much superseded by AC as I see it.  A no-brainer, really.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 02:35:22 PM »
Well, RF2 is going a tad slowly, isn't it?  And it's already pretty much superseded by AC as I see it.  A no-brainer, really.
True, good for us. RF2 is really only a side project for ISI, there bread and butter is else where and the progress is a good reflection.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »

Sorry Guybrush, but I think I have to agree with stanna on this one. I am living proof of "the older I get, the faster I was" syndrome. lol.  I have all the time in world to practice, but I just keep getting slower, but at least with more practice I'm consistently slower now.  ;)

Although I never played HisorX, I was a huge fan of Power and Glory mod for GTR2. Punting the old Boss 302 Mustang and hearing it howl at the redline, was one of life's little pleasures.

I am amazed at the number of Mod teams that are switching from rFactor 1/2 to AC. The future is looking pretty bright for AC.

rob
I dunno rob, I think I have found the solution to going faster while getting older : buy more technology! My next step is to work out those speed hacks people have been talking about. Now, if we can get the dynamic track selectively working for certain drivers??!!

Seriously though. I have found 3 things have dramatically increased my enjoyment of sim racing. Previously, it was a bit of a struggle. 1) Assetto Corsa has a realistic physics model with an underlying safety margin which helps you build confidence to within a couple of seconds of fast guys 2) I finally got my brakes working so I wasn't in constant fear of lockup and spinning 3) upgraded my PC so that a) lag is reduced to allow better feel of sliding and correcting etc and b) able to support triple monitors for better visibility of cars around me and apexes.

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 05:44:26 PM »
Bring the beast out of retirement :D

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:47:01 PM by BJSRacer »

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 07:06:33 AM »
These guys know what they are doing and are very very good at it.
But to be critical, personally, judging by the clip. It looks like a dogs breakfast. All the crap on his screens makes it look like he's playing a computer game. Not a SIM. Totally kills immersion. And the car dash looks like it's from a 1980s Daytona game.
 I know I'm being critical. They are doing better than me.
I want to see AC be as close to the real thing as it gets. No compromise

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 08:39:18 AM »
Those apps mostly look like tools for judging the car's physics on track.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 08:41:10 AM »

^^^ most definitely this

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »

Well. Damn it. They should look pretty as well. Lol
I like seeing data but would love to have it on a totally separate screen.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal