Xtreme Gaming Network

Holden HSV GTS mod

Author Topic: Holden HSV GTS mod  (Read 21809 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Holden HSV GTS mod
« on: November 10, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
For those that like some rear wheel drive V8 muscle we now have some home grown action.
See - http://thesimreview.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Holden

I had a quick run in it and whilst the sound could be better, the feel is quite what you would expect from this type of car.
Fairly sharp handling which doesn't require much to get the tail out.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Holden HSV GTS mod
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 10:19:23 AM »
For those that like some rear wheel drive V8 muscle we now have some home grown action.
See - http://thesimreview.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Holden

I had a quick run in it and whilst the sound could be better, the feel is quite what you would expect from this type of car.
Fairly sharp handling which doesn't require much to get the tail out.

Sounding like it could provide some fun racing...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 10:24:03 AM »
Wow, I didn't even know this was in development.  Look forward to trying it.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:13:32 AM »
Quite a find! The linked website by smallblockhero has other interesting car mods...

http://drillsgt98th0.wix.com/actemp

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 11:49:16 AM »
Quite a find! The linked website by smallblockhero has other interesting car mods...

Looks like Thursday's events are going to get some good mix soon!

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 12:15:20 PM »
Indeed a good find. If there's a server up this arvo I'd be keen to test.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 12:25:29 PM »
Indeed a good find. If there's a server up this arvo I'd be keen to test.

I have a server up with this on now... I hope correctly :)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 12:25:41 PM »

Also the http://thesimreview.blogspot.com.au/ theSimReview site has tonnes of mods by brand etc....

Offline Duke

• Cycling is my addiction, Motorsports is my passion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 01:50:52 PM »
Sorry I feel compelled to add my 20c's.
I'm not sure about this HSV GTS mod but you'll find that many of the mods from smallblockhero are rips from other sims, particularly Forza.
They are complied to AC format then placeholder physics & sounds from default AC cars are used to complete a functioning mod.
In my mind it's hardly a true representation but each to their own I guess.

Also keep in mind KS did say they didn't want to see this type of modding & as such you won't see these on the official AC forums.
Dukester

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 02:01:20 PM »
Good point. I was wondering why they weren't on the AC Forums.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »
I'm not sure about this HSV GTS mod but you'll find that many of the mods from smallblockhero are rips from other sims, particularly Forza.
They are complied to AC format then placeholder physics & sounds from default AC cars are used to complete a functioning mod.

Also keep in mind KS did say they didn't want to see this type of modding & as such you won't see these on the official AC forums.

I havent tried it but this is the case with most underground mods, they are basic rips and placeholder physics or even worse just very poorly physics. Its only the very good dedicated modders that do work close to the standards of official content, many of these people will spend a very long time to get the physics down and so will not also cut corners when it comes to the model and scratch make a nice one of those too. Those that just rip dont seem to care too much and just get things out there as if its a battle to be first or have the most crap released under their names.  ;D

Offline Duke

• Cycling is my addiction, Motorsports is my passion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 02:19:33 PM »

I havent tried it but this is the case with most underground mods, they are basic rips and placeholder physics or even worse just very poorly physics. Its only the very good dedicated modders that do work close to the standards of official content, many of these people will spend a very long time to get the physics down and so will not also cut corners when it comes to the model and scratch make a nice one of those too. Those that just rip dont seem to care too much and just get things out there as if its a battle to be first or have the most crap released under their names.  ;D

Yep very true marty, the mods where their developers go all out are the ones to watch, support & grab hold of... and there are already some awesome ones out there especially via the official AC forum. ;)
Much like rFactor there are plenty of ordinary mods but if you spend the time & research you can find some hidden gems.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:23:45 PM by Duke »
Dukester

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 02:56:08 PM »
To be fair I'm yet to race any car mod in AC that feels anywhere near realistic.

This is why I'm only interested in track mods at the moment.  Not sure if AC is hard to do good physics for??? I was under the impression is should be easier.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 03:52:23 PM »

To be fair I'm yet to race any car mod in AC that feels anywhere near realistic.

This is why I'm only interested in track mods at the moment.  Not sure if AC is hard to do good physics for??? I was under the impression is should be easier.
I think it is that the physics benchmark is set very high with AC cars.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 04:50:51 PM »
Gave the car a run not too bad to drive, model looks pretty good too but likely a rip. At least its well done with proper LOD's and all lights and driver animations working. Physics not too bad Ive only driven a few HSV's never this model but its comparable maybe more grip then I remember but I tested in optimal conditions and public roads and older street tyres would be far from the same thing. Sounds probably the weakest part of the mod but I put it up on a public server at Spa if anyone wants to have a run. I was going to try it on the xgn server by bruce but didnt have the track and RD download link said 3hrs for the dl so I didnt bother.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal