Xtreme Gaming Network

Web Based Server Manager

Author Topic: Web Based Server Manager  (Read 77557 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Web Based Server Manager
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 01:14:07 PM »
Looks good Joe.

Wally, do I remember you saying one time your parse the logs acServer creates for something? At the moment I launch it where it outputs to the console so I can read once it's started and update the status. Seems when you tell it to output to a file it doesn't write to the console.

I simply pipe the console output to a file in the command window where I start the server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 03:25:09 PM »
If anyone is interested in trying this out on their server I've now put it up on GitHub:

https://github.com/jo3stevens/ACServerManager

Just hit the Download Zip button on the right hand side and follow the instructions; not that much setup required.

I've been running it on my server for a couple of weeks and been making tweaks and improvements; seems to be running pretty stable now and I think I've fixed all the UI bugs (at least the ones I noticed).

Not really sure how useful this is, it was more of a 'lets see if I can do this with NodeJS' project, but I may be able to add more useful features to it. Was thinking something along the lines of savings drivers and their GUIDs so it would be easy to get up a set grid. Unsure if qually results get piped out of acServer.exe, but if they do I could probably make it do a proper reverse grid from a previous qually session; will look into it.

Cheers

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 04:25:33 PM »
Is this something that Bruce could use to reverse grids on a Thursday night?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 04:29:49 PM »
Yep, I checked and it is possible, but a bit more work required.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »
If anyone is interested in trying this out on their server I've now put it up on GitHub:

https://github.com/jo3stevens/ACServerManager

Just hit the Download Zip button on the right hand side and follow the instructions; not that much setup required.

I've been running it on my server for a couple of weeks and been making tweaks and improvements; seems to be running pretty stable now and I think I've fixed all the UI bugs (at least the ones I noticed).

Not really sure how useful this is, it was more of a 'lets see if I can do this with NodeJS' project, but I may be able to add more useful features to it. Was thinking something along the lines of savings drivers and their GUIDs so it would be easy to get up a set grid. Unsure if qually results get piped out of acServer.exe, but if they do I could probably make it do a proper reverse grid from a previous qually session; will look into it.

Cheers

Ncie work Joe, I will deploy it to the prac server and have a shake out, cheers.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 04:42:56 PM »
Finally found some time to start adding what could be useful features to this. Today I added a Driver Manager which just stores driver names and GUIDs on disk for easy entry list creation of known drivers.

I also added Amount and Random Skin fields useful for when not creating fixed driver grids. For example in a couple of clicks I could add 5 entries of each car with random skins to the entry list.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 06:27:19 PM »
Good one!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 07:56:05 PM »
Would it be possible for drivers to register themselves for a race?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 10:09:21 PM »

Technically yes, all it's doing is updating entry_list.ini directly on the server. Currently the whole app is password protected, so somebody logged in could change anything, but if that's something that would be useful it wouldn't be hard to do a simple UI where all somebody can do it add them self to the entry list.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 10:30:01 PM »

Technically yes, all it's doing is updating entry_list.ini directly on the server. Currently the whole app is password protected, so somebody logged in could change anything, but if that's something that would be useful it wouldn't be hard to do a simple UI where all somebody can do it add them self to the entry list.
That would be really useful for Thursdays. Perhaps simply pre-load the XGN list of drivers/GUIDs that is in a Google Docs spreadsheet and let people use the 'usual' server password to 'select' themselves for the race if they are racing that week? That would then build an entry.ini for that week. Thursday has a more variable entry list than Tuesdays.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 11:04:38 AM »

That would be really useful for Thursdays. Perhaps simply pre-load the XGN list of drivers/GUIDs that is in a Google Docs spreadsheet and let people use the 'usual' server password to 'select' themselves for the race if they are racing that week? That would then build an entry.ini for that week. Thursday has a more variable entry list than Tuesdays.

Certainly would take the stress out of the current server admin's setup processes :)
Practice Server (looking at numbers we will may not need the 'big server'):
installed 'node.js'
configured the 'settings.js'
added 'flattop' as the admin and the usual XGN's server password
setup a TCP port rule for ACSeverManager listening.

Having a MAC, means I will not be able to upload 'prep files' until tonight... but looking forward to getting this working.
Thanks Joe.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 12:51:01 PM »

Certainly would take the stress out of the current server admin's setup processes :)
Practice Server (looking at numbers we will may not need the 'big server'):
installed 'node.js'
configured the 'settings.js'
added 'flattop' as the admin and the usual XGN's server password
setup a TCP port rule for ACSeverManager listening.

Having a MAC, means I will not be able to upload 'prep files' until tonight... but looking forward to getting this working.
Thanks Joe.

When you run the batch file it'll probably give you a load of error the first time around, don't worry about that, it should still copy everything needed. I need to spend some time making it a bit nicer  :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 02:52:30 PM »
It's a winner Joe !!! Fantastic tool. Just configured a test server in no time at all. So easy. My typo problems with car names, track names and mismatching car numbers - all a thing of the past. On top of that I can change the server over without launching Remote Desktop.

Utopia would be this integrated with Wally's results system and PLP with a league booking system on top.

What would be the best format for the driver list? A text file? Comma delimited or NAME=;GUID=;SKIN=?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 03:06:08 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
It's a winner Joe !!! Fantastic tool. Just configured a test server in no time at all. So easy. My typo problems with car names, track names and mismatching car numbers - all a thing of the past. On top of that I can change the server over without launching Remote Desktop.

Utopia would be this integrated with Wally's results system and PLP with a league booking system on top.

What would be the best format for the driver list? A text file? Comma delimited or NAME=;GUID=;SKIN=?

I think you have just painted yourself into a corner! :)
Can you setup for tonight Andrew?  Any server, I don't mind.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 03:46:40 PM »

I think you have just painted yourself into a corner! :)
Can you setup for tonight Andrew?  Any server, I don't mind.
Server's up - "AUS XGN Cobra Cup Season 6 RACE"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:01:19 PM by Gratulin »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal