Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday S5RD4 June 11, Adelaide 1988 (Street) Practice Server is Up.

Author Topic: Thursday S5RD4 June 11, Adelaide 1988 (Street) Practice Server is Up.  (Read 17360 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Thursday S5RD4 June 11, Adelaide 1988 (Street) Practice Server is Up.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 01:15:08 PM »
Flattop, I'm in serious doubt for tonight. PC in for repairs

sorry to hear that, shaping up for a good race session with the handicapping, see you next week we hope.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 01:51:50 PM »
Handicap idea is interesting, would it be easier to just have an extra lap for the race and all drive around then line up in race start order aka warmup lap. As long as everyone knows who they should be ahead of and behind it shouldnt be too hard to sort the grid. Not sure how people will get the start time though to set exact time gap for all cars.

One thing with the track is t1 is very prone to abuse and large time gains but I wasnt using it on my laps. All should try and keep 2 wheels on track through the first chicance even though a big 4 wheel jump can cause you to land awkward and hit a wall there is .5 or more to be gained by never intending to take the proper line.

With the handicap I also figure race 1 the guy leading will want to win by the smallest margin possi le and the one in last will want to loose by the largest margin probably.  ;D Maybe have time gaps just for all but the first and last cars to have a fixed 2 second gap to the next car. Maybe even run a reverse grid with 2 seconds to all cars so if there would be 20 people on the winner from the last race would start 40 seconds behind. Using the lap timer would still work even if we had a warmup lap and maybe start the race on the next minute once all are lined up.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 04:47:30 PM »
Some good points Marty
I think
race 1 everyone will try win as it is championship points and the leader will stay out in front, thinking about the ending to "The Wages of Fear"... and stay out in front as far as poss. :)
cutting turn 1 may happen on the odd occasion, but I don't think 'we' will do it purposefully...
and good idea, lap one all warm up to the grid in their order and start on 3 minute mark + handicap

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 05:59:49 PM »
The last race at Brand Hatch I waited on the line after the lights went out for the amount of time I won by in the first race.  It was fun chasing the leaders and only managed to get Wally right near the end.

I think we should give it a shot if it's not too much to organise.  Probably would have to be an honours type thing unless it is monitored.  If everyone just looks at the time in front to the last placed person in R1 that will tell them when to take off once the clock starts ticking in R2.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 06:02:05 PM »
There's a clock? :o
I'll have to look for this....

2+2=√16

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »
There's a clock? :o
I'll have to look for this....
Of you use the mini hdu :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 06:48:27 PM »
The last race at Brand Hatch I waited on the line after the lights went out for the amount of time I won by in the first race.  It was fun chasing the leaders and only managed to get Wally right near the end.

I think we should give it a shot if it's not too much to organise.  Probably would have to be an honours type thing unless it is monitored.  If everyone just looks at the time in front to the last placed person in R1 that will tell them when to take off once the clock starts ticking in R2.
This kind of thing is fun to try, but in my experience, it easily goes wrong. If you're chasing, and you have one spin or off, it's a lost cause. But it's still a good idea, and I wouldn't mind doing it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »

We just need some way of getting the stracker data then reversing the field and showing time gaps to last rather then first. If everyone knows how far ahead of last place they were then they can wait this long after he starts race 2. We will have a few minutes between races so as long as everyone is on TS if this list could be posted here it would be easy to do or Bruce can just tell everyone their penalty.

Running around for one laps and then starting at the 3min mark or 4 if people get lost on the warmup lap which I think will happen  ;)

Could make for some interesting racing, if GB is racing and leading we can all let him lap us to make race 2 more fun for him.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »

This kind of thing is fun to try, but in my experience, it easily goes wrong. If you're chasing, and you have one spin or off, it's a lost cause. But it's still a good idea, and I wouldn't mind doing it.

I think its best for race 2 to be a bit longer then race one was to give a little more time to work through the traffic, the thing is if the guy that finished last is the one your chasing down its quite likely they will have a spin or 2, that hairpin in Adelaide is very easy to mess up and also the Wall getting onto the back straight may cause some carnage.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 06:57:36 PM »
i have put race 2 at 10 laps

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 09:20:48 PM »
Race Results are in... Season 5 Round 4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:20:00 AM by Flattop »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal