Xtreme Gaming Network

Online Controller Issues

Author Topic: Online Controller Issues  (Read 9940 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Online Controller Issues
« on: May 19, 2018, 09:33:51 AM »
I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem, as I'm clueless.

This morning, I have no gear shift in any car, but only online ???
Fanatec software registers gear shifts, as does Content Manager - Settings.
Everything works as normal offline. ???

Verified AC files through Steam and rebooted, but still no gears online.
Because it's only online, I have absolutely no clue where to go from here. :'(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Online Controller Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 10:30:26 AM »
Just a guess... Is it on every online server? Could it be server settings (I think you can disable autoclutch on the server, for example) .
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 10:43:13 AM »
I've only tried the XGN servers, both Tuesday & Thursday.
(did you and Phil do something?)

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 10:48:34 AM »
Yep, seems to be XGN servers only. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 10:54:29 AM »
I got it on the Tuesday server, but only as I joined when the session was in 'overtime'. I skipped the session and it all came good.

I can't see Thursday's server. ???   ???

I see SNRL has a server with two cars from the F1 75 compilation.  :D ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:26:31 AM by GzeroD »
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 11:01:17 AM »
I've only tried the XGN servers, both Tuesday & Thursday.
(did you and Phil do something?)
No, haven't changed any settings other than tracks/cars for ages, that I remember. But I'll double check.
edit: there's not much you can set server-side. On the Tuesday practicer server, ABS and TC are factory, stability control is off, autoclutch is allowed. That's all you can change, controller wise.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:09:08 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 11:33:21 AM »
Happened again in Thursday's server(at first I couldn't see the server as I had the wrong version of my own bloody content!), I joined and the session was in 'overtime' and had no gears. Skipped the session and it all came good.
The servers are getting stuck in 'overtime'??
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 12:05:04 PM »
Happened again in Thursday's server(at first I couldn't see the server as I had the wrong version of my own bloody content!), I joined and the session was in 'overtime' and had no gears. Skipped the session and it all came good.
The servers are getting stuck in 'overtime'??
Solution, cheers. ;) 8) :-[

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 12:18:25 PM »
I have not changed anything, I use the same config each week and just change car and tracks,  but I have noticed that sometimes lately my shifter will go to 1st when meant to be in 3rd and if I alt tab out and look at fanatec properties it shows in third so not sure what's causing that, I have been lucky it has not happened in a Tuesday race yet, just in qual and practice, but you can bet ya bottom dollar in will happen in a race this week now I have mentioned it :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 05:23:32 PM »
I have not changed anything, I use the same config each week and just change car and tracks,  but I have noticed that sometimes lately my shifter will go to 1st when meant to be in 3rd and if I alt tab out and look at fanatec properties it shows in third so not sure what's causing that, I have been lucky it has not happened in a Tuesday race yet, just in qual and practice, but you can bet ya bottom dollar in will happen in a race this week now I have mentioned it :)
Wonder if that what happened to Wally on Thursday night. Remember at some point as he had an off he said he got the wrong gear.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 06:03:16 PM »
Wonder if that what happened to Wally on Thursday night. Remember at some point as he had an off he said he got the wrong gear.
That was totally human error!

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 09:02:50 PM »
I think I reinstalled the driver for an issue like this once. New Fanatec driver available v310, previous v292
direct download link for v2.5 wheelbase https://www.fanatec.com/download/Fanatec_64_driver_310.msi
Their website is really slow right now and not too sure about drivers for other wheelbases, actually the download has stopped for me right now...might need to wait a while

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal