Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R2: Zandvoort pre-race chat

Author Topic: S8R2: Zandvoort pre-race chat  (Read 44120 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S8R2: Zandvoort pre-race chat
« on: August 11, 2015, 11:30:59 PM »
This round (and for the remaining two-race rounds), I'll stick in a 15 min qualifying session for race 2.

Zandvoort is 9 laps and 18 laps.

Weather Forecast: http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/Netherlands/Zandvoort-Circuit.aspx
One week out, it's looking like around 20° and clear, so quite a bit cooler than Imola was.

Entry List (and ballast for race 1, based on season standings)
Guybrush Threepwood    75
Matthew111    66
Jeremy    57
Marty    48
StanDaam    39
Rolz    33
Grat    27
Wally    21
Bacchulum    15
Gratulin    9
christopheraser    0
Skaife    0
Freezer    0
Joe    0
Bafs17    0
Grubbet    0
Phil.8    0
Rob    0
Phil    0
Simone    0
Chap111    0
Imperious    0
JoshR    0
JamieP    0
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:43:10 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S8R2: Zandvoort pre-race chat
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 01:18:19 AM »
Are we using a modded track version or is there only going to be 18 starters for the round, this track only has 18 grid spots? Also do you guys want the practice server setup for race 1 or race 2 conditions regarding fuel and wear?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 07:36:00 AM »
Are we using a modded track version or is there only going to be 18 starters for the round, this track only has 18 grid spots? Also do you guys want the practice server setup for race 1 or race 2 conditions regarding fuel and wear?

Oh frack. Really? Another useless track for bigger leagues...

Edit: I'm looking into modded original tracks that add more pit boxes, just putting cars side by side since they pass through each other. Apparently it's easy to do for a track modder. If anyone knows of any...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:56:34 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 08:06:23 AM »
How does that affect pit stops? ???

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 08:47:11 AM »
How does that affect pit stops? ???
I'm not sure. Maybe cars will go through each other. Maybe you'll have to double-stack.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 11:36:07 AM »
Yea not sure why kunos dont make tracks with more grid and pit spots. Seeing collisions arent on in the pits anyway there isnt much of an issue of having pit bays side by side. There were modded versions floating around with 2x available slots but I have never used them.

It would be good to run league races at zandvoort, magione and vallelunga. But due to the reduced slots we have never been able to.

I did run a few laps here in the gtc and its so much fun to drive it would be a shame to miss it. Setup is more critical then most tracks too due to the bunps so I will post my setup later which people can use as a base.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »
I'm in negotiations with a Russian connection {no rumours please Grat). It's looking promising. This approach, if it works, may open up Magione and Vallelunga as well.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 12:41:04 PM »
You need to get the Italians involved, if there needs to be bunga bunga party visits I will volunteer as the xgn representative.  ;D

Is that Wally hiding behind Medvedev?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 12:47:38 PM »
Also practice server currently is set to race 1 using Wallys weather forecast as a random variable.

Guys that want to practice with ballast the admin pass is the regular xgn password.

Login as admin
/ admin "password"

Get client list by
/client_list

This will show you what car id you are in, if you are car 5 then to add 75kg

/ballast 5 75

I have limited server ballast to 75kg as that is the season limit.

If people want the race 2 fuel and wear rates just let me know but each time Ive asked ther has been no respons so I assume practice server will remain at race 1 config.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 01:49:07 PM »
I like the race 2 fuel and tyres on the server.
It's easy enough to get 1x data offline. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 02:36:35 PM »
I'm in negotiations with a Russian connection {no rumours please Grat). It's looking promising. This approach, if it works, may open up Magione and Vallelunga as well.

Good! As a Russian-Italian household, we approve. Let us know if we can be of any help  ;)

And no worry:  :-X.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 03:25:58 PM »
I like the race 2 fuel and tyres on the server.
It's easy enough to get 1x data offline. ;)

At least there has finally been 1 response, I think maybe get Wally to make a poll asking the question and we can see what people would prefer. Main issue is that in so mode I dont think there is any way to practice with ballast either and having the server setup for race 1 at least people can practice with the ballast level they will use for race 1.

The race 2 setup your ballast is unknown and so race 1 may be more critical though practicing longer runs with more wear can be handy.

I think the options we could do is have the practice server set for race 1, race 2 or rotate each day between the 2 so people could practice either one. I could also try and see if running an extra server to have r1 and r2 setups both at once.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 07:42:23 PM »
I think set it up for race 2.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 08:01:34 PM »
I'll see if my guy can mod Zandvoort by next Tuesday. If not possible in time, I will swap Nurburgring GP and Zandvoort in the schedule, to give him more time. But for now, assume Zandvoort.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 08:11:53 PM »
Race 2 settings for the praccy server sounds good :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal