Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R2: Zandvoort pre-race chat

Author Topic: S9R2: Zandvoort pre-race chat  (Read 37420 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S9R2: Zandvoort pre-race chat
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2015, 06:23:47 PM »
Server's up. It's cold and clear in Zandvoort, with race air temps of 11 and 18.

It will be very interesting to see what warping we see, with this new version of the AC server. I don't expect it to cure all warping, if some people are on wifi, but it should help with less dropped packets.

If you're on wifi - buy one of these Ethernet over Power adapters for about $100. Plug one end in near your router and the other unit near your PC, and you have as good as a wired connection. Kiss warping goodbye.

http://www.myshopping.com.au/PR--477953_Netgear_XAVB5201_Powerline_Adaptor_500Mbps
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2015, 06:34:32 PM »
Regarding netcode I must say its greatly improved, even in large crashes I noticed cars not warp around anywhere near as much as they were in the past. With solid connection people its been very stable since the latest patch, still guys that are a bit up and down ping wise issues happen but even amongst the league guys not too many have been having big spikes around me.

Running 64bit now has replay fixed so it will record 1GB assuming you have enough free Ram, probably not recommended for guys running on 4GB systems but people with 8GB or more should easily be able to get larger replays. I don't know why really there needs to be a limit as for example I have 32GB of ram and it should be able to use much more. The other thing is that I don't know why replays are so large in the first place plus I think replay quality levels going by the ini files is this.

[QUALITY]
LEVEL=4 ; 0=~7Hz , 1=~10Hz, 2=~15Hz 3=~30Hz 4=~60Hz

So not sure what the server hz rate is on the race server but I assume 20hz as default, Ive dropped my servers down to 15hz as bandwidth was getting a little high at times and this just drops the extra cost per month with no real noticeable quality loss now. 3rd quality level saves at 15hz and 4th at 30hz, the only difference you will noticed there is your car will be smoother at Ultra but all other cars will be pretty much as you see them from the mid setting up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2015, 06:38:06 PM »
The server's still at 20 Hz.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2015, 06:54:50 PM »
Regarding netcode I must say its greatly improved, even in large crashes I noticed cars not warp around anywhere near as much as they were in the past. With solid connection people its been very stable since the latest patch, still guys that are a bit up and down ping wise issues happen but even amongst the league guys not too many have been having big spikes around me.

Running 64bit now has replay fixed so it will record 1GB assuming you have enough free Ram, probably not recommended for guys running on 4GB systems but people with 8GB or more should easily be able to get larger replays. I don't know why really there needs to be a limit as for example I have 32GB of ram and it should be able to use much more. The other thing is that I don't know why replays are so large in the first place plus I think replay quality levels going by the ini files is this.

[QUALITY]
LEVEL=4 ; 0=~7Hz , 1=~10Hz, 2=~15Hz 3=~30Hz 4=~60Hz

So not sure what the server hz rate is on the race server but I assume 20hz as default, Ive dropped my servers down to 15hz as bandwidth was getting a little high at times and this just drops the extra cost per month with no real noticeable quality loss now. 3rd quality level saves at 15hz and 4th at 30hz, the only difference you will noticed there is your car will be smoother at Ultra but all other cars will be pretty much as you see them from the mid setting up.

Thanks a lot for the replay tip, Marty. Very informative.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal