Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R8: Barcelona GP Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R8: Barcelona GP Post-Race Chat  (Read 17688 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S10R8: Barcelona GP Post-Race Chat
« on: March 15, 2016, 09:57:33 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Apologies, my replay didn't capture the start of the race, so I can't check incidents. I know there were a few contacts early on. If anyone feels aggrieved, maybe Marty can take a look (assuming he has the start of the replay and decide some penalties).

Round Points
NameQualLap 14EndTotal
Guybrush Threepwood1550100165
Matthew11154284131
Bird83070108
Grat10106080
Marty4255079
Paul12184070
Freezer2353269
StanDaam6162850
Bacchulum093645
Jeremy3201841
Wally0142438
Mael0122032
Ben081422
Doobs061622
Gratulin071219
Phil.8151016
AJ04812
Rob0066

Season Podium
Champion: Guybrush, 1074
Runner up: Marty, 801
3rd: Matthew, 786

Well done GB, yet again a cut above the rest. Close for second and third!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:20:30 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S10R8: Barcelona GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 10:02:12 PM »
wasn't meant to be tonight, hit on first corner, then the pit app didn't work which took me 20 seconds of sitting there and reverse and forward, then my wheel came unplugged
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 10:03:41 PM »
An appeal Wally

I could not make a dent in the gap between us so would like to appeal on the following grounds.

You crossed the white line on pit exit on lap 14  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 10:05:34 PM »
An appeal Wally

I could not make a dent in the gap between us so would like to appeal on the following grounds.

You crossed the white line on pit exit on lap 14  ;D
Ha ha. I did that because I couldn't see anyone behind me for miles.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 10:12:41 PM »
Wally, thank you so much for the season! A bit of a roller-coaster for me, but great all in all! (I will have to miss the countach night :( but will be back the week after that)

Marty: thank you so much for the great last laps!!! Enlighten us about the bump with Bird on lap 16. I do understand him: as I was not going FULL-right until towards the end of the straight (I wanted to avoid hitting Freezer coming out of the pits) he thought there was maybe space on my right. From my point of view I thought he was simply taking my draft and then he would have taken the outside, so I kept going on my diagonal line towards the right, thinking that the inside of the corner was all mine.

Bird: no need to apologize. With my strategy, my only chance was to keep you behind for 2 or 3 laps while you had fresh tyres (that's why I needed to defend there). I tried and you won. The accident is just a misunderstanding and part of the tough racing. All good!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 10:21:00 PM »
Great fun.

Early on I saw lots of action, then a bit more later on - and I got my first (& last) podium of the season :D
Matthew, you had very good pace in the middle section (sadly!) I just could not follow you anymore. 
And Freezer, you really deserved that position, you had a very nice pace.  But I'll take it - I gave it away the same way at Mugello.

Grat;
sorry for scaring you.  I was trying to overtake - and that's customarily done off the racing line (on the inside). 
I did not expect you to go full defensive mid-race.  We were racing for position I believe, so you were within rights (if unusual), but I just thought I'll see if I can make it on the inside.
Then I've suddenly realised there's no more room to maneuver, I braked full on & steered onto the outside to avoid problems.

That's all to it really.  No one got hurt, luckily.
p.s. I did not hear you shouting, hehe. 

Edit: what bump?  I'm sorry, yet again, I did not see/feel any bump.  Really sorry, that changes it - my bad.  Still lucky that no *real* harm was done I'd say :)  Off to check the replay...

Edit2
There was a bump indeed.  Sorry mate.  Looking at it now, and reading your post, I think indeed that diagonal tricked me - nearly right to the end it looked like there'll be space on the inside.   
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:30:29 PM by Bird »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 10:21:35 PM »
Thanks for an excellent season again Wally.  The different rules and race types were a good change and mix.

My race started with some good pressure from Paul who was being a pest and hanging on to the back of me!  I really just wanted to put a few second gap between us so when I pitted at the end of lap 14 I had a bit of time to cross the line down pit lane and get the extra points.  Anyway that turned out OK.

From there it was fairly straight forward and I just focused on putting in some consistent laps.  I'd be interested to see my lap times as it felt like I only had a few laps where I dropped a few tenths.

Looking forward to the next season!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 10:30:17 PM »
Edit: what bump?  I'm sorry, yet again, I did not see/feel any bump.  Really sorry, that changes it - my bad.  Still lucky that no *real* harm was done I'd say :)  Off to check the replay...

Wow! Another case of two computers seeing a different story? Yes: I got a bump and damage to the rear wing... I thought you knew. Now I see even more why you were surprised when I spoke about it.

Anyway, as I said: no need to apologize or anything. We'll all learn from it as usual and I am really looking forward to race with you next season!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 10:32:29 PM »
Results in the first post. Guybrush was the runaway champ.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 10:42:15 PM »
And here's some post-season stats, from HERE:

Best average finish: Guybrush, 2.9
Most wins: Guybrush, 10
Most podiums: Guybrush, 12
Most poles: Guybrush, 3
Most fastest laps: Guybrush, 7
Most consistent: Paul, 4
Hunter: StanDaam, 4
Hunted: Matthew, 3
Busiest: Paul, 3
Loneliest: Doobs, 3

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 10:45:40 PM »
Thanks for all your hard work Wally. Another great Season.

I didn't rage quit, I lost my internet connection tonight.  >:(  A shame really, because I am sure I had the pace to grab 1st, but alas now we will never know.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 10:48:18 PM »
wasn't meant to be tonight, hit on first corner, then the pit app didn't work which took me 20 seconds of sitting there and reverse and forward, then my wheel came unplugged
Did you download the newest version of PitConfig? It's improved the pit box detection, with some more lenience.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 11:02:42 PM »
Wally, thanks for the hard work and for putting up with us idiots here :D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 11:06:55 PM »
Wally, the lap14 detection I reckon is not correct.  Yet again, it seems the car going into the pits (me this time) got the position over someone who was on the track.

At Mugello I thought I remembered incorrectly, but maybe the same thing happened; Marty pitted and I overtook him, the in-race position showed me in front (which usually means I crossed the line first?) then the result gave him the lap14 points.

This time, Freezer was in my arse, he clearly overtook me before the line.  I saw his name popping up in the laps earlier than me.  Yet I got the points.

I'm even now in any case :), but the detection is off that's for sure.
Or it maybe based on end of lap13.

Edit:
see the results, even that is saying lap 14 he was in front:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:10:40 PM by Bird »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 11:10:28 PM »
Well despite a really good race, it was the one that got away..!
Qualified 9th with a reasonable time.
Race:  Got away well and and managed to squeeze by Jeremy, Marty and then Stan on the first lap and latch onto the back of Grat & Bird.
From there I pushed hard behind Grat all the way until he pitted at lap 10.  Bird pitted on 14 and I ran one more lap.  I came out to see the Bird, Grat T1 incident and with new tyres I pushed hard and managed to pull of a pass on Grat around the outside at T1.
Circulated behind Grat and as the stint ran out he started loosing grip and I was catching.  I pitted on 22 and pulled a quick out lap to be side by side with Bird as he exited pits.  Managed to get around the outside and pushed on, now finding myself in 3rd.
From here I was fairly confident I could hold on assuming Bird would again loose pace late in the stint as we were otherwise pretty close.
BUT, I looked down and realised I was short on fuel.  Could not understand how, must have a faulty calculator!!
A quick stop for extra fuel saw me out with 4 laps to go and despite pushing on couldn't make any more spots and finished 8th.

Really enjoyed the season in both the BMW and later the mighty Godzilla.  Plenty of good quality racing and many thanks to Wally for another well run season.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal