Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R4: Silverstone GP Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R4: Silverstone GP Race Chat  (Read 23643 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S14R4: Silverstone GP Race Chat
« on: October 25, 2016, 11:50:59 PM »
This is another enduro round, with a single 27 lap race at Silverstone GP.

There are two compulsory pit stops (no pit window), with refuelling allowed.
I'm going to try something a little different with pit stops this round: you must change tyres only in 1 pit stop, and you must refuel only (no tyre change) in the other stop. You can do the fuel and tyre stops in either order.

Fuel rate is 1.7x (which should see you get a maximum of 23 laps on a full tank).
Tyre wear rate is 1.5x (a little lower than usual to give you more choice as to when to change tyres).

You will need to download the OSRW PIT MOD and extract it into your assettocorsa folder.

The weather is going to be 14 degrees with light clouds.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: S14R4: Silverstone GP Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 04:57:04 PM »
Is there a way to test pitstops using the pit box that will be assigned for this race. At Brands last round I was trying the find my pit box for the first time during the race. Usually it is easy to see your pitbox but this time it was so close to the entry and tucked away that I missed it. Subsequently I lost a lot of time.

I tried running offline and pit box 24 (which I think I had at Brands) is at the front of the pit lane but I don't think this is correct.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »
Is there a way to test pitstops using the pit box that will be assigned for this race. At Brands last round I was trying the find my pit box for the first time during the race. Usually it is easy to see your pitbox but this time it was so close to the entry and tucked away that I missed it. Subsequently I lost a lot of time.

I tried running offline and pit box 24 (which I think I had at Brands) is at the front of the pit lane but I don't think this is correct.
Does your pit box in race depend on where you qualify? Or did you find in race 1 that your pit box was where it was initially assigned by the grid position?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 06:44:23 PM »
I think it was the same. So I thought I would be ok. It was much closer and to the right than I expected.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 07:36:17 PM »
I could give Marty my entry list, but he probably wants to keep the practice server open to all. In race 2, you'd be in a different box anyway (in the sprint rounds).

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 09:27:34 PM »
I could give Marty my entry list, but he probably wants to keep the practice server open to all. In race 2, you'd be in a different box anyway (in the sprint rounds).
I just took another look at Brands and knowing where to expect the pit box would have helped (ie I should have checked it out!). So I can just drive in and work out where the pit box is during the practice session.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 10:19:26 PM »

If I get your entry list I can add it in and even with the server open to all as long as someone isn't in your car then you will be given your grid spot. I have an entry list atm with all the people that have custom skins at the back so their cars will be last to go so most often they get their own cars. I can easily change this up to the next round list if people want that but it will just mean the guys in early slots will be less likely to get their own car if other public are in.

Still even if grid slot is the same as entry list, though I am not sure if it stays after qualy for race 2 it will likely be a different pit box to the one you had in race one as the entry list will be set in race 1 result order. Having the race one entry list will at least give people an opportunity to see where it will be.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 11:13:29 PM »
Aris said he feels track grips should be a bit higher with the V10 tyres: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/porsche-pack-1-comments.38046/page-5#post-774483

I will start the race in the 97 - 99 range instead of 94 - 96.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 11:18:52 PM »
wasn't the Maserati already on v10 tyres?

EDIT: I get it, you fear we were running on too slippery track in the past races. Fine with me. Though it was fun to drive on tip-toes on the opening laps.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:25:24 PM by grat »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 08:06:24 AM »

If I get your entry list I can add it in and even with the server open to all as long as someone isn't in your car then you will be given your grid spot. I have an entry list atm with all the people that have custom skins at the back so their cars will be last to go so most often they get their own cars. I can easily change this up to the next round list if people want that but it will just mean the guys in early slots will be less likely to get their own car if other public are in.

Still even if grid slot is the same as entry list, though I am not sure if it stays after qualy for race 2 it will likely be a different pit box to the one you had in race one as the entry list will be set in race 1 result order. Having the race one entry list will at least give people an opportunity to see where it will be.
I PM'd you the entry list.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 03:18:43 PM »
I have added the entry list to the practice server, the server now also is running the OSRW mod version of the track so make sure people have the version from the first post to be able to get into the server.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 04:42:11 PM »
Thanks. Just tested and works great. Even at Silverstone I need to be ready to turn into the pit box early. I'm going to be at the back most of this season so this is really helpful.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 05:08:36 PM »
Thanks. Just tested and works great. Even at Silverstone I need to be ready to turn into the pit box early. I'm going to be at the back most of this season so this is really helpful.

No worries but I think I will put the server back to the official track soon. Using the OSRW mod its going to get pretty much no use from anyone outside of the league.

I also thought of another way you could test any pit box. If you load a race with AI on the OSRW track and check your season standing then set your grid position to this number. You should have the same pit box, preferably Id like to run the stock tracls on the prac server as it lets public junp in for some laps.

This helps you be able to practice a bit in some traffic and also may encourage more new people to jump into the league. Same as with the Thursday prac server I suggested to Phil to open it up to MR AB or at least ABC. Thursdays uses more random tracks so its still unlikely many outside of the league will jump into that server.

Tuesdays we tend to use more official tracls and so more public see the servers and will jump in for some laps or races.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 05:15:54 PM »

No worries but I think I will put the server back to the official track soon. Using the OSRW mod its going to get pretty much no use from anyone outside of the league.

I also thought of another way you could test any pit box. If you load a race with AI on the OSRW track and check your season standing then set your grid position to this number. You should have the same pit box, preferably Id like to run the stock tracls on the prac server as it lets public junp in for some laps.

This helps you be able to practice a bit in some traffic and also may encourage more new people to jump into the league. Same as with the Thursday prac server I suggested to Phil to open it up to MR AB or at least ABC. Thursdays uses more random tracks so its still unlikely many outside of the league will jump into that server.

Tuesdays we tend to use more official tracls and so more public see the servers and will jump in for some laps or races.
Marty, all sorted for me. Having the OSRW up for a bit was really good but really only impacts me since I am in the last pitbox.

I tested with AI and it always seems to assign the first pitbox irrespective of start position. Unless I'm missing something.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 05:33:26 PM »
We not using the old Silverstone track?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal