Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 15 Sign Up Thread

Author Topic: Season 15 Sign Up Thread  (Read 37273 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: Season 15 Sign Up Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2017, 06:47:08 PM »
I also experienced a big FPS dropped with a recent AC update with the in game V-Sync; if you dropped below 60 it would straight away lock it at 30 making the game feel terrible. I turned off the in game V-Sync and am currently using the 'Fast' option in the nvidia control panel, which I think is quite new as I hadn't noticed it before. It just drops any additional frames your monitor can't render, so you don't get tearing and minimal input lag (apparently).  I've been running it for a while and seems good.

It's definitely not a server issue though, unless it's the lag you see when somebody joins the server as that still seems to happen due to minorating.
MMMhhhh,... I noticed the drop to 30 as well, but did not notice this "fast sync" thing. I'll try it when I get back home. Thank you.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »
What i find on our server when full is a massive stutter and slow down or jerkiness mainly in corners, its like it cannot redraw the new view (is that the right word ''redraw'' ?)
when there is 3 or 4 on server no issues at all and yes offline big field unplayable
Marty   
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Nvidea GeForce GTX 550TI (yes old i know)
8gig ram
ingame 1920 x 1080 and maybe some other stuff maxed out (kids playing offline)
The 550 could be starting to show its age, I reckon.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »
AC has a reputation for changing settings by itself (at least I've had it happen to me a few times and have heard of a few people having similar experiences). I'd go and turn the reflection and smoke generation settings down (if they're up) and see how you go there. Those are two of the biggest FPS drains in the game.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2017, 07:32:34 PM »
What i find on our server when full is a massive stutter and slow down or jerkiness mainly in corners, its like it cannot redraw the new view (is that the right word ''redraw'' ?)
when there is 3 or 4 on server no issues at all and yes offline big field unplayable
Marty   
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
8gig ram
The 550 could be starting to show its age, I reckon.
Try turning off Post Processing and reduce reflections.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2017, 01:00:08 AM »
Marty   
8gig ram

I do have an ASUS OC edition GTX980 for sale with box if you're interested. It's in as new condition and one awesome card.  I averaged 70-80 fps with everything up full in Assetto.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2017, 07:48:17 AM »
Marty   
8gig ram

I do have an ASUS OC edition GTX980 for sale with box if you're interested. It's in as new condition and one awesome card.  I averaged 70-80 fps with everything up full in Assetto.
Buy it Viper!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2017, 08:51:24 AM »
Marty   
8gig ram

Buy it Viper!

Def buy it!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2017, 09:17:44 AM »
Marty   
8gig ram

Buy it Viper!

Def buy it!

Id say the definate buy would depend on Price unless your all getting a cut from the sale lol. 980 would be a good card but if the price is close to say a 1070 then its not exactly a great deal.  :-\

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2017, 11:11:32 PM »

Buy it Viper!

Def buy it!

Id say the definate buy would depend on Price unless your all getting a cut from the sale lol. 980 would be a good card but if the price is close to say a 1070 then its not exactly a great deal.  :-\

1070s are worth 650-700+  I'm only asking $300.  It's the Asus GTX980 Strix Direct CU II OC edition 4gb GDDR5

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2017, 09:08:33 AM »
In comparison, I paid $600 for my new 980 several months ago.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2017, 09:49:12 AM »
It seems a pretty good deal, I doubt there is any new card in that price range that would come close to the 980. I really didnt study any performance comparisons between it and lower end new gpu's but would guess its going to outperform a 1060 by a bit.

A quick search and this site looks good for comparing gpu's. This is the 980 vs 1060 with the 980 a little ahead but not by as much as I thought it would be.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-980-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2576vs3639
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:53:25 AM by marty »

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2017, 11:46:57 AM »
Yeah the 1060 is pretty good bang for the buck. I got one a couple of months ago when my old 7870 bought the farm.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2017, 11:40:40 PM »
So... seems like I might be sitting out for a little while. The whole controller not being detected the other night, well I think I have some USB issues, seems to be fixed by picking a different port. However, the smell that I was getting at the same time has occurred again today.

I thought it was a motor or something internally that was about to blow up but during tonight's iracing league race, in qualifying it finally took a whole new level and majority of the feedback now comes through the wheel as a slipping belt feeling. I might just put in a support ticket with Fanatec and see what they say. The unit is only about 6 months old (I think I bought it in July last year) They better replace it because it's not really usable in it's current state.

Anyways, better put me in the reserves list if the race server gets filled in the near future.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2017, 07:41:25 AM »
That's bad luck Shayne. There's nothing more annoying than equipment letting you down. I hope you can get it all sorted out soon enough.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal