Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R2: Silverstone International Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R2: Silverstone International Post-Race Chat  (Read 29596 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S6R2: Silverstone International Post-Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2015, 04:45:24 PM »
Brilliant so every time I T bone someone now....I can say its a bug, programming error?  Happy days gents....happy days ;)

Not exactly but its quite expected that there are some delays, I will make up a quick video showing the same camera angle from both files and see how they compare.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2015, 06:13:42 PM »
I made up a video showing 3 angles with both mine and Birds replay file, from my car his car and static tv cams. I have synced these up but as its captured at 30fps there can be sync errors of up to half a frame so I probably should have captured at 60fps to reduce this error by another 50%. This is because capturing all depends on when I press play in game and record in nvidia shadow play, the first video is most out of sync in the capture the other 2 would be quite a bit closer.

In the Video's Birds replay should be top left, mine top right and the video below is both overlay-ed over each other with the top video 50% opaque to show the difference between them with some ghosting of the 2 images. Below are 3 screen grabs at the point of impact to show the difference at this point.

Here is the video which is still uploading and will take another 20 min or so before its done.

[youtube]_L5ResKOl_0[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 06:15:20 PM by marty »

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2015, 07:22:05 PM »
Brilliant so every time I T bone someone now....I can say its a bug, programming error?  Happy days gents....happy days ;)

There is also a 'Kick driver' bug that seems to kick Marty a lot, if I remember. Huge programming error.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2015, 07:25:11 PM »
I was hoping for a side-by-side top-down view :)

But this is very informative nonetheless - there seems to be very little in it, well, sometimes it's a bit more, sometimes a bit less, but I expected more difference tbh.

Thanks mate, this was an interesting exercise!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 07:33:11 PM »
I was hoping for a side-by-side top-down view :)

The only tricky thing with that is that I cant really get the same camera angle from both top views unless I made a custom cam which I dont know how to. The top view is a manually setup camera and I tried but getting the same sort of angle was a bit tricky so I went with default cams to keep them the same.

The actual difference isnt that large and take into account the up to half of one frame sync error which is 1/30 of a second plus the possible 0.1 lag sync issue its only going to be an issue when pretty much rubbing panels at our relatively low pings.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2015, 01:05:18 PM »
They seem to be almost the same IMO.  Shouldn't effect racing.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2015, 02:17:27 PM »
Wicked job Marty!!
I too have always wondered about how much difference there would be from each driver's perspective, taking into account the pings and time for data to travel to and fro. AC seems to score extremely well in this field  :D

Rolz

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2015, 03:03:59 PM »
do you work Marty?  :P

kudos for the effort you have put in here  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2015, 03:33:45 PM »
do you work Marty?  :P

kudos for the effort you have put in here  ;D

If you know what your doing a basic video like that is quite easy to do.   :D

I will leave shameless to do the highlight videos from league racing as this would take hours just finding the highlights. I dont have the patience for that these days.

The editing itself only takes a few minutes and with a fairly quick computer it encodes videos in real time or better for such an edit. The only thing that takes for ever is the upload but easy just to send to yt and let them send you an email when its done.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal