Xtreme Gaming Network

GT2 server up to collect lap times

Author Topic: GT2 server up to collect lap times  (Read 48487 times)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Re: GT2 server up to collect lap times
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2016, 11:18:55 AM »
marty are your sets on the server?
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
So Marty can you please put up the server with [/size]Barcelona Moto, with 85 kg on the Corvette and 35 kg on the Ferrari.
[/size]
[/size]The goal of this exercise is not to equalise the cars (because everyone drives them differently, with a lot of variability, and the spread in times for each person varies a lot) but to balance out the number of people who are faster in one car over the other, over the whole field. Everyone will be able to choose a car that suits them, and there won't be too many "obvious" or one-sided choices.

Are we meant to read the fine print. :)

when quoting I can decipher your code, so will put that up now at Barcelona moto.
LOL, I don't know why it does that size malarkey sometimes. Thanks, Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2016, 01:12:01 PM »
marty are your sets on the server?
Yea I put all sets on the server, just ran a few laps in each at Barcelona and other then mostly gears didnt need to do much to the Brands setups. The Ferrari feels much better at Barcelona then it did at Brands Hatch and even with the ballast I was quickest.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2016, 04:41:48 PM »
Seems those ballasts have just turned the field around, now C7 is clearly slowest but m3 and 458 are close. 458 I think maybe 10kg less and c7 40kg less should even things out.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2016, 04:52:52 PM »
Seems those ballasts have just turned the field around, now C7 is clearly slowest but m3 and 458 are close. 458 I think maybe 10kg less and c7 40kg less should even things out.
Give it time. Let's get a broad set of numbers then refine. For you guys who were fairly even in the three cars, you'd expect the C7 to be slower now, with most ballast. For those lower down the rankings, it might even up the C7 and the Beemer more.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2016, 04:57:33 PM »
Haven't done the beemer yet. Hard to judge in race when there are ****heads around on whether the C7 or the Ferrari were quickest for me. Had a few beers now so maybe good time to get on..... ;D ;D :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2016, 05:04:08 PM »
I dont see many choosing the c7 as its clearly slower here. Nobody really set good laps in it but the quickest guys also didn't run it, I will try and set actual times in the beamer and 458 as I learned the track a bit better by the end in the c7 laps. I only ran a few in the 458 and never put a lap together in the beamer so in those mid 43's I should be able to do 3 or 4 tenths off Guys times. But in the c7 I don't see it getting any closer yet before it was generally the quickest now its the slowest by about the same margin it was fastest by at brands. Halve the ballast in it and I think it would be real close with all 3.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2016, 05:06:44 PM »
I guess I need more practice in the 458, C7's were passing me easily. :'(

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2016, 05:07:27 PM »
Haven't done the beemer yet. Hard to judge in race when there are ****heads around on whether the C7 or the Ferrari were quickest for me. Had a few beers now so maybe good time to get on..... ;D ;D :P

I didnt think it was so bad, really not much worse then it would be in a league season with the same cars. I started quite a few races at the back and got through a lot of those clean. Some I got caught up in others incidents but its the general race start mentality of the average guys thats the issue.

With the better drivers its not an issue but some just get a bit more racey then their ability allows, this means they regularly end up hitting others. Its good practice just getting through lap 1 from the back but overall I think it wont get much better in a pub server with 20 or so others in it.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2016, 05:11:33 PM »
I guess I need more practice in the 458, C7's were passing me easily. :'(

c7 is quick down the straight and main reason it still needs ballast, but in laptimes itself its a bit off the pace. Possibly 50kg would help but getting the run down the straight and a draft makes it quite easy to pass anything you can hang on to up to that point. I adjusted qualy to 15 minutes now in the server.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2016, 05:13:06 PM »
I will add a second server with these at VIR and my adjusted views on the ballast, the bareclona server will stay up for a while too. But VIR is fun and should get a few in it with GT2 cars.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2016, 06:04:49 PM »
Yeah, leave Barcelona up for a while to get lots of laps at a range of skill levels. Just set times in each car, it's all data to refine the ballasts.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2016, 06:39:23 PM »
Yeah, leave Barcelona up for a while to get lots of laps at a range of skill levels. Just set times in each car, it's all data to refine the ballasts.

Will keep that there for the week maybe, would be nice if GB posted his 458 setup. I just hate that car and took my setup down as it was so crappy.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2016, 08:22:03 PM »

Will keep that there for the week maybe, would be nice if GB posted his 458 setup. I just hate that car and took my setup down as it was so crappy.
I did not mind your setup (that's what I was running). But it felt strange. I wish I could give you a better feedback... sorry. It felt a bit light on the wheel. Maybe the front is too hard? It really wanted me to slow down quite a bit to get the car into the corner.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2016, 10:32:08 PM »
The 458 I dont really get as its quite understeer on entry no matter what I do, I pretty much did throw everything at it. Also using dashmeter pro for shift lights trying to sort custom rpm range is a nuisance. Every other car gets picked up automatically but that one doesnt, I dont understand why it simply doesnt have rpm limiter adjustable low enough to actually make the limiter just past max usable rpm.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal